MECHANICAL ENGINEER TEAM LEADER
My client is looking for a Mechanical Engineer Team Leader that is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the day-to-day operations of their workshop and for being the driving force behind growing the business.
• At least five years’ experience in a technical/mechanical engineering environment.
• Excellent knowledge and skills in the area of hydraulics, mechanical and electrical engineering.
• Experience of leadership/management.
• Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Have excellent organisational and administration skills and be able to plan and prioritize. tasks while working on multiple projects.
• A high degree of accuracy and extensive problem solving experience.
• A strong track record on delivering against business objectives.
• Knowledge of and qualification in Lean SixSigma would be an advantage
• Possess good computer skills.
• Ability to act fast and have the energy and drive to be the best
Responsibilities will include stewardship of the engineering function across the company’s operations, leading an evolution towards a highly competent, effective and flexible workshop.
• Overseeing the repair/servicing/certification of parts and equipment in the workshop
• Organising and scheduling work, monitoring and ensuring the timely completion thereof
• Meeting with customers with a view to increasing business
• Prospecting for new business
• Controlling stock, deliveries, collection of parts/goods
• Liaising with suppliers
• Pricing jobs
• Identification of process improvement opportunities, and promoting best practice.
• Managing contract staff/staff off-site