SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - DUBLIN 2
Software Development Manager with 7yrs management experience within a software development environment required for permanent role in Dublin city centre.
- The Development Manager will work primarily with multiple, geographically dispersed, software and hardware development teams ensuring effective product delivery, day-to-day operation and organizational efficiency.
- The candidate will be responsible for managing new product developments , customer specific developments and product support to the highest standards.
- The role involves resource management including planning, scheduling, and prioritising resources.
- The candidate must have the technical background to work collaboratively as part of the team in a hands-on mode, be a leader who focuses the development effort and moves it forward, and be an effective communicator throughout the organization.
- The role involves technical management and guidance as well as process management and continuous improvement .
- The individual should have well-developed technical management skills and track record in defining development goals and managing concurrent developments.
- The individual should have substantial experience in managing remote teams and outsourced software development teams in particular.
- This is a senior management role and the successful candidate will form an integral part of the overall business management team responsible for the business direction and growth strategy. The candidate will be involved in senior management decision making and in new initiatives to drive the business forward both from a technology and general business growth perspective. The candidate will report directly to the General Manager and may also be involved in monthly presentations to corporate management on the development status.
- The overall delivery of new product developments and customer specific developments
- Manage multiple small geographically dispersed development teams, including outsource development partners and a small team of software and hardware engineers in Dublin.
- Organization, planning and management of multiple hardware and software development projects.
- Manage and prioritise product support requests
- Develop strategy, policies and best practices in relation to product development
- Technical leadership and decision making
- Co-ordinate developments and leverage resources within company development centre overseas.
- Provide general management input and direction at senior management level.
- BS degree or higher in Computer related fields with several years of relevant, broad engineering experience,
- and at least 7 years software management experience
- In depth technical experience in at least one major technical area, e.g. large scale Unix systems engineering, complex distributed systems, significant PC development projects .
- Strong technical management background
- A proven technical leader with a track record in technical management having developed a range of software or software/hardware products in previous roles
- A skilled project manager , capable of executing multiple concurrent development projects
- Someone with good business judgment capable of defining development priorities in accordance with the business and customer needs
- A leader that grows and nurtures the best technical talent to build a high-performing technical and innovative teams
- An organizer with focus on quality processes that guarantees quality products and solutions.
- An experienced manager of outsourced software development teams .
- Strong analytical ability
- Ability to handle varied workload.
- Strong interpersonal skills and organizational ability.
- Experience with Agile software development practices is desirable
- Ability to schedule and prioritise developments within resource constraints.
- Should be able to Set clear direction and vision; Motivate the team; Be decisive and action oriented