ENGINEERING GROUP LEADER
Engineering Group Leader
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Engineering Group Leader is responsible for ensuring that all engineering activities within their area of assigned responsibility are done to the standards required including a variety of job related tasks, which may not be specific to this position profile.
Accountabilities include leading their assigned team in:
* Implementation, installation and commissioning of new equipment.
* Selecting and leading cross functional teams to achieve improvement in productivity, efficiency, and quality.
* Overall control and application of Engineering and process methods leading to World Class Manufacturing philosophies
* Ensure subordinates maintain the highest standards of personal performance as fits world class engineering organisations.
* Operate all elements required by the Quality Management System including timely and proactive responses for Preventative and Corrective actions, validations, FMEA's and quality audits.
* Ensure proactive response to all customer complaints, whether internally generated or externally generated, by seeking root cause for problems and correcting them at the source.
* Establish and maintain a process of continuous improvement that is focused on the quality of the products and process within the business.
* Ensure open communication and co-operation with Manufacturing and Quality Assurance for the rapid recommendation and implementation of design changes necessary to correct problems or improve the products and processes.
* Train and direct staff members in a manner that ensures that all processes and procedures are followed.
* Assist the Engineering Manager and Technical Director in all tasks as requested, including preparation of department presentations.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
* Experience of high volume labour intensive manufacturing environment.
* Knowledge of Healthcare Business an advantage.
* Ability to supervise motivate and lead a technical team
* Ability to coordinate, plan and organise substantial engineering projects.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* B.E Degree or equivalent.
* Chartered Engineer.
* High volume labour intensive manufacturing experience.