SENIOR QA AUTOMATION ENGINEER
Our client, a leading company based in the South East has a vacancy for a Senior QA Automation Engineer.
Remuneration: Negotiable. A very attractive basic salary will be made available for the right candidate
Contact: Hartley People Recruitment (Colin Collison)
The Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer manages the effective development and implementation of automated test solutions to deliver testing efficiencies and improved time to market for information systems, products and services. They will work collaboratively with the manual testing team to ensure that company standards and end-user requirements are met.
Stay abreast of new technology trends, testing tools and best practices and provide strategic direction to the test automation team to ensure we provide innovative solutions to meet our customer needs.
Has overall responsibility for the work of the test automation team. Takes ownership and accountability for problem resolution and ensures the test automation team is successful in meeting agreed deliverables.
Assigns work to subordinates, monitors performance and makes recommendations for training and staff development. Provides mentoring and technical guidance to the team and provides recommendations for appropriate staffing levels.
Makes recommendations regarding the acquisition and/or development of software and tools needed to increase testing efficiency, test coverage or improved time to market of business systems.
- Requires Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems or another related technical field or five to seven years of equivalent progressive experience as a Quality Assurance Analyst, Applications Analyst/Programmer or Business Systems Analyst .
- Requires at least 6 to 7 years experience with several of these in a technical leadership role, supervising the progression of technical projects.
- Knowledge of quality assurance methods and procedures, as well as familiarity with the full life cycle development processes.
- Experience with the following languages: VB, VB Script, SQL, Flex and to a lesser degree C, C++, C#, Java
- Expert level knowledge of testing tools including HP Quality Center, QTP, QC API's as well as other testing tools
- Strong technical background with broad understanding of computer science fundamentals; Object-Oriented Programming, Database concepts, Web architecture etc.
- Critical analytic and problem solving ability - can understand complex designs and/or architecture and come up with creative solutions that push automation to new heights
- Can work independently to undertake research projects to learn and apply new technologies to solve complex problems
- Good understanding of mobile technology platforms and associated frameworks along with appropriate testing tools.
- Conduct ad-hoc technical training, design and code reviews, and resolve technical issues for the test automation team
- Collaborate with Application Services, Configuration Management, Application Owners and Quality Assurance to identify necessary testing capabilities and integrate test automation into the testing environments
- Excellent collaborator with strong communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively with both technical & non-technical audience
- Periodic travel to India/ US/ Ireland may be required