SENIOR FUND ACCOUNTANT
Senior Fund Accountant required. This is an 11 Mth FTC.
• Produce accurate complex fund valuations within set deadlines following documented procedures under the current operating model.
• Provide on the job training to Graduate Fund Administrators.
• Providing MIS on a regular basis to Management and external parties as required.
• Ensure all costs are captured and that payment is received for all services provided. Ensure all fee billing is done in a timely manner, with no long standing accruals on funds administered. Maintain & reconcile income & expense accruals for all allocated funds.
• Administration of queries from other departments & external parties including Investment Advisor, Custodian/Prime Broker & Auditors , Financial Reporting.
• Maintain accurate control and oversight over all migrated processes to ensure timely and accurate NAV delivery.
• Distribute prices to relevant parties i.e. Financial Times, Investment Managers and Investor Services in accordance with distribution checklist.
• Complete all tasks prior to fund launch in a timely manner. Identify and resolve issues with new funds in a timely manner and where appropriate escalate to the relevant manager.
• Provide the Financial Reporting Department with information requested for the preparation of Financial Statements.
• Understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which you are involved.
• Maintain Internal Control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
• Be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with your role and act in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
Knowledge & Experience
• Strong Accounting and Valuation experience including expertise in a range of fund types.
• Proven track record of excellent client service and KPI delivery.
• A relevant graduate/post graduate qualification.
• Demonstrates ability to work effectively with a broad range of stakeholders and an ability to work with others to create/implement client solutions.
• Excellent communication skills
• Sound understanding of risk management, its impact on the NAV process and mitigating tools or techniques.
• Team player and ability to work on own initiative.
• Flexibility to work the late shift 2.30pm-11.00pm may be required