IT INTERNAL AUDITOR - CAVAN OR DUBLIN NO
IT Internal Auditor required for permanent role in Cavan or Dublin North.
Working as part of the Internal Audit team, the role requires effective and efficient planning, execution of audits and reporting in line with the Internal Audit plan, as approved by the Audit Committee.
In particular the role requires previous IT audit experience or a strong ability to analyse and interpret technical information as well as the assessment and evaluation of system risks and controls.
You will gain exposure to all business segments and will be required to provide objective assurance through evaluation of the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes . You will utilise your technical and relationship management skills to build solid working relationships with business departments in order to achieve Internal Audit objectives.
- Assisting in the identification and evaluation of risk, assessing management’s response and advising on appropriate assurance strategies.
- Provide an independent evaluation of, and opinion on, processes, systems and controls and provide recommendations to address areas of vulnerability.
- The ability to test system controls to assess the effectiveness of the controls .
- Evaluation of financial and non-financial areas with an emphasis on assisting management identify process or cost efficiencies.
- Take responsibility for delivery of high quality audit work and the production of excellent working papers and summaries of information.
- Where required, verify follow up action taken by departments to ensure internal audit report findings have been addressed.
- To ensure that skills and competencies are kept up to date.
- Sound knowledge of business and financial processes and related risk and controls
- Strong understanding of risk management, corporate governance and internal audit techniques and standards such as the COSO and COBIT frameworks.
- IT audit skills in order to assess systems based controls, a distinct advantage.
- Flexible approach with ability to work on own initiative and with strong focus on delivery.
- Good communicator, with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in financial services environment or accountancy practice experience.
- Excellent drive, enthusiasm and commitment.
- Professional qualification.