GENERAL MANAGER - RETAIL- WESTMEATH
Our Client, a Large Retailer is steaming ahead with their expansion and is therefore seeking to recruit strong Store Managers/General Managers to join their expanding team in Co. Westmeath. The company continues to gain market share in Ireland at a phenomenal rate and in the current environment is seen as one of the best companies to work for and is the place to be if you have a strong work ethic, are energetic in your approach, excellent in man management, coaching and motivation and leaders and an achiever. Our client thrives in a recessionary market.
Due to this expansion we now seek individuals for the role of Store Manager/General Manager .
Excellent Salary and benefits and long term career security
For more information on this role please contact Georgina in Excel on 01 8148747 or email your CV to [email protected]
Store Manager/General Manager Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of a retail outlet with annual turnovers exceeding €8 million.
- Drive sales, service, productivity and standards throughout the store
- Liaise regularly with head office, Area Managers, distribution and Warehousing with regards to general operations, sales and deliveries.
- Achieving general targets with management team and staff so as to achieve maximum sales while ensuring that you do so incurring the lowest possible costs.
- Responsible for the staffing levels in each store to ensure that necessary staff are in place to maintain operating standards while at the same time monitoring turnover and customer numbers to ensure that productivity targets are achieved
- Carry out all Health & Safety, HACCP and any other legal requirements
- Carry out regular stock takes to identify and determine where losses could occur and alongside the Audit team implement and develop procedures to reduce such loss.
- Ensuring that all company operational standards are maintained at all times including freshness, stock rotation, pricing, merchandising, accurate ordering and customer service.
- Responsible for the staffing levels in each store to ensure that necessary staff are in place to maintain operating standards while at the same time monitoring turnover and customer numbers to ensure that productivity targets are achieved.
- Advising the area manager regarding issues relating to the site and building.
Skills & Experience
For more information on this role please contact Georgina on 01 8148747 or email your CV to [email protected]
- As General Manager you will be highly motivated and energetic.
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment and thrive under pressure.
- You will have a strong work ethic and thrive for success.
- Retail management experience is a bonus but not essential for this role.
- You will have gained management experience, leadership experience and man management experience in business.
- This is a target driven environment where you must be able to demonstrate your ability to achieve results within tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written & verbal)
- Excellent presentation skills
Excel Recruitment is Ireland’s leading retail recruitment company. The company is recognised as the experts in the recruitment of retail buyers and managers in to Food and Grocery, Fashion and non food retail sectors. For information concerning a broad range of Buying and management jobs contact Excel recruitment
We typically recruit the following roles in Retail and Buying- Fashion Manager, Trainee Manager, Duty Manager, Assistant Manager, Floor Manager, Department Manager, Deputy Manager, Showroom Manager, Trading Manager, Commercial Manager, Concession Manager, Counter Manager, Visual Merchandiser, Store Manager, Retail Manager, Store Development Manager, Area Manager, Regional Manager, Operations Manager, convenience store manager, Supermarket manager, fresh food manager, meat manager, General Manager.