SENIOR SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - DUBLIN 4
Keywords: Senior Systems Administrator, Systems Administrator, South Dublin
- Fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly expanding team
- Competitive salary and benefits package on offer
- Working in a state of the art office (minutes from Dublin City Centre) with on-site barista and restaurant
Reporting to the Head of Technical Operations, the successful candidate will own and manage administration all of our Client’s environments, including their test, production and internal system setup. Ideally, bringing significant past experience in this capacity and thereby the ability to apply strong operational best practices to systems administration. This role is responsible for ensuring Our Client’s operations runs efficiently and without interruption 24 / 7 / 365. This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing and innovative team. Communication, flexibility and a desire to learn are essential as well as the ability to work on multiple concurrent priorities while maintaining attention to detail.
Other Desirable Skills and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree with qualifications in either Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or IT related fields
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2008 R2
- Experience working in real time 24/7 web environments
- Microsoft Office Products (Active Directory, Exchange, , DNS, DHCP)
- Microsoft Security (Server Hardening, Anti-Spam, Anti-Virus, email filtering). Demonstrated strategies for implementation of Anti-Virus on production systems.
- Tuning and Patching Windows Servers for Performance and Security
- Hands on experience with Microsoft IIS and Web based applications running on a Windows Server platform
- Sound knowledge of all things internet: Internet routing hierarchy, domain names and address resolution, protocol stacks, HTTP, SMTP, TCP network peering, public and private IPs
- Virtualization Technology a plus (Citrix XenServer, VMWare)
- Extensive knowledge of Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Windows7 Client Operating Systems
- Working experience of Backup and Recovery Technologies. Demonstrated application of onsite/offsite management and aging of backups.
- Excellent communication skills
- Time Management Skills
- Proven ability to create, document and maintain excellent standards and practices.
- Ability to plan for volume growth (capacity planning)
- Monitoring? (Strong understanding of SNMP? Nagios, Cacti, etc)
- Disk Storage? SAN, Raid, Config of SAS hot-swappable drives, etc.
- Knowledge of all things internet: Internet routing hierarchy, domain names and address resolution, protocol stacks, HTTP, SMTP, TCP network peering, public and private IPs
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Experience of virtualization technology (Citrix XenServer, VMWare)
- Experience managing Microsoft Exchange, Dynamics CRM, Dynamics GP, Sharepoint.
- Ability to triage and prioritise effectively. Use of ticketing systems to enable such prioritization.
- Team player, providing database insight to the software development team.
- Planning oriented with ability to set own deadlines and priorities
- Working with or managing other team members in support of their objectives
- Comfortable with providing 24 hour support on rare occasions when needed.
- Flexible and open: open to undertaking other tasks from time to time
- ITIL knowledge and experience (problem management / incident management) would be a distinct advantage.