SENIOR DATABASE DEVELOPER
The role will be varied, with elements of detailed design, coaching of team members, prototyping, hands-on development and implementation of the final solution.
Database Requirements Analysis
• Responsible for understanding, articulating, documenting and presenting DB requirements (both business and technical) on the assigned projects
• Interact with DB, Applications analysts and Business users for requirements gathering and validation
• Analyze current data to ensure no requirements are missed
• Work with quality assurance team to build test plans to validate that new systems meet the business requirements • Ensure that requirements are understood and handed off to the development teams if required
• Provide support to DB development teams on requirements if required Database Design
• Review and obtain approvals on designs through database design review boards
• Document designs and knowledge transfer to development team if required
• Help optimize designs as production issues arise Database Development
• Develop, unit test and deploy SQL, PL/SQL, ETL Informatica, JIL code
• Acquire QA signoff for production deployment
• Document operational procedures and transition system to operations team
• Make enhancements, bug fixes and performance improvements Project, Relationship and Communication Management
• Communicate with project management
• Manage status reporting and problem escalation to project and database technology stakeholders where appropriate • Identify risks, create risk management / mitigation / transfer plans and implement plans to contain risk
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree required; MBA or MS preferred.
• 6+ years experience in a large technology organization specialising in Database development.
• Must have played a lead role in large database development projects.
• Cross functional experience with application, batch process and event based system designs.
• Experience in an Asset Management company is highly desirable.
• Experience in working with BI tools such as OBIEE is highly desirable.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Strong communication and influencing skills with demonstrated ability to interface with multiple levels as well as building productive working relationship in a matrix organization.
Interested? Please submit you details below and I will be in contact with you shortly. Alternatively, please contact Simon O'Regan on 01 6146192 or email me on simon.oregan'cpl.ie