ASSISTANT FINANCIAL CONTROLLER - SLIGO
Our client a multi-national based in Sligo is seeking to recruit an Assistant Financial Controller. The successful candidate will ensure timely and accurate financial information is produced in order for the company to meet established goals and objectives while ensuring statutory requirements are adhered to.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparation of monthly financial and management accounts & submissions to strict deadlines, in an accurate and timely manner, and in line with corporate requirements.
- Supervision of outsourced accounting activities, with particular responsibility for Payroll and Accounts Payable.
- Preparation and co-ordination of Annual Plan, LBEs and projections.
- Ensure compliance with all Risk Control Matrices.
- Assisting the Financial Controller in providing high quality financial support to the site management team.
- Leading/Supporting internal and external financial audits.
- Promote a continuous improvement environment.
- Participating on and supporting Project teams as required.
- Deputising for the Financial Controller in their absence.
- Performing other accounting duties as required.
- Ensure adherence to corporate and local reporting requirements.
- Analyse data & report findings to the Financial Controller so as to highlight business issues & recommend actions as necessary.
- Performing other ad-hoc duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION:
- Frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- General application of concepts, and principles.
- BA with 5-7 years experience or MA with 3-5 years experience.
- 3 to 5 years experience at a similar level in a manufacturing environment.
- Advanced Excel knowledge.
- Membership of recognised professional association. CIMA/ACA/ACCA
- Minimum of two years staff supervision experience.
For further information please contact Antoinette on 071-9142411 or email [email protected]
- Excellent communication skills and work ethic.
- Ability to use resources effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and deliver on time the right information when it’s required.
- Ambitious and goal orientated with a commitment to succeed.
- Ability to be flexible and versatile in the role and the business.