NPI MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
Lotus Technical Services is a leading solutions provider offering a complete range of automation and technical services specifically designed to enhance productivity and efficiency, and to maximise the value of our customer's core business. We are currently recruiting a Foundry NPI Manufacturing Engineer for a role based in Cork.
AS Foundry NPI Manufacturing Engineer you will provide a lead role in Material Development projects in the company’s Innovation centre. You will be responsible for the development and introduction of new casting products and leading strategic materials related engineering projects ensuring optimum process capability and design for manufacturability in the development of new processes.
· Lead cross functional teams to execute new product development projects
· Implement design for manufacturability in new product designs to minimise lifecycle cost
· Manufacturing technical expert to global design groups
· Project management responsibility for NPI projects
· Conduct detailed product design reviews
· Identify appropriate resources and requirements for product development
· Development of advanced manufacturing processes to lean guidelines
· Lead implementation of digital manufacturing solutions to drive engineering efficiencies
· Develop innovative product development processes to shorten product lifecycle time to market
· Direct PFMEA studies and lead risk assessment effort for overall process
· Influence innovative qualification methodologies to apply appropriate statistical and validation techniques based on failure model and overall risk
· Develop strategic collaborations across functions, business units and geographic boundaries to achieve effective outcomes over the long-term
· Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities
· All employees are responsible for minimising both the Environmental and Health & Safety effects of the work that they perform
· The successful candidate will have a Degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering with 2 years’ post experience in a healthcare environment
· Project Management Professional with experience managing new product introductions
· 3D parametric solid modelling and drafting experience essential.
· Advanced knowledge of GD&T and ASME Y14.5M 1994 standard
· Expert knowledge of lean manufacturing processes
Lotus Technical Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer