SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER - OVERHEAD LINES
Senior Project Manager - Overhead Lines
London (office/field based, covering the UK and Ireland)
£Excellent DOE Plus Overtime, Company vehicle, Mobile Phone, Other benefits (to be discussed at interview)
Our client is a leading telecommunications and power managed services partner who provides a range of technical services to blue chip companies in the UK and Ireland. Since 2008 this company has had a presence in the UK across the power and telecommunications sectors. Due to aggressive plans for expansion in the UK power market. An opportunity has now arisen for a Senior Project Manager to join their team.
If you are a project manager with proven experience of working with 33kV overhead lines, knowledge of project methodologies, safety legislation and a proven track record of working within the power sector, this is the role for you.
Taking full advantage of this prime opportunity, you will benefit from company training and excellent career progression prospects, making this a role not to be missed.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing all power projects throughout the UK and Ireland. The projects will involve overhead line construction, new builds and refurbishment.
Ensuring that issues are resolved promptly, you will act as the escalation point for problems as well as seek to develop and manage good customer relationships. You will also ensure that project milestones are achieved on time, within budget and to agreed quality standards.
Your other duties will include:
- Submitting pricing and budgets for projects, ensuring costs are in line with agreed budgets
- Sourcing and managing relevant sub-contractors and monitoring their performance
- Mentoring and engaging in knowledge transfer for project managers
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Extensive project management experience, including responsibility for entire projects and the management of project teams, and a strong understanding of low voltage to 33kV overhead lines
- A proven track record of working within the power sector
- A sound working knowledge of safety legislation, including excellent safety record
- A strong understanding of project methodology
- A driving licence
- A qualification in a relevant discipline such as electrical engineering
A self-starter, as a Senior Project Manager, you will have superb communication and interpersonal skills. You will be able to develop and maintain good relationships with colleagues and clients alike and work well within a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Experience of using MS Project or similar project tools would be an advantage to your application.
To apply for the role of Senior Project Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd. The services advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Senior Project Manager, Project Manager, Project Supervisor, Project Leader, Project Team Leader, Engineering Projects, Project Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Electronic Engineer, Electrical Project Engineer, Electrical Project Manager.