ACCOUNTING MANAGER - LONGFORD
Our client, a manufacturing multinational in Longford, is seeking to recruit an Accounting Manager .
Manages all general accounting activities (including, but not limited to Statutory, Tax, Audit and Compliance) for the Irish legal entities placed under the responsibility of the Financial Controller.
Supervises a team of 4 accountants in charge of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Treasury and Payroll functions and manages their successful integration into Corporate shared service centres, wherever deemed appropriate.
Supports the Financial Controller in any specific project that may arise from time to time.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures the integrity and the accuracy of the general ledgers of the different entities in accordance with Company policies and procedures and with Irish laws and regulations.
- Meets closing and reporting deadlines as specified by the Corporation.
- Prepares the statutory annual audit, assists in maintaining the statutory documentation (i.e. management reports, board or shareholder meetings.)
- Prepares all periodic tax filings and coordinates the reviews thereof with PWC.
- Prepares the quarterly and annual tax reporting to Corporate Tax group.
- Reports company pension data to pension administrators and auditors for annual pension reporting compliance.
- Manages the local SOX Compliance program including testing
- Executes any specific project assigned by the Financial Controller
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Strong financial background preferably in the industrial sector
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work to strict deadlines, including extended work hours
- Reporting and analysis skills
- Experience using SAP will be an advantage
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Leadership skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Hyperion
For further information please contact Antoinette O'Flaherty on 071-9142411 or email your CV to [email protected]
- Qualification / Diploma in Accountancy or Business Studies
- Five years relevant experience in an Industrial Financial environment, including 3 years minimum in a leadership role
- Knowledge of US GAAP