PERSON IN CHARGE - NURSING HOME
JOB: DIRECTOR OF NURSING - CORK
It is understood that the Unit Manager will perform his/her duties and main responsibilities
· To assess the social and health care needs of new clients and prepare a written care plan.
· To maintain ongoing assessment and reviews of all clients.
· To assist clients in all aspects of their care needs, to provide health supervision and to enlist the services of GPs, Public Health Nurses and other medical and para-medical services as appropriate.
· To maintain the quality of each client's life by meticulous attention to such areas as privacy, dignity, autonomy, choice, rights and fulfillment.
· To maintain and improve their own professional knowledge and competence.
· By teaching and example, training junior members of staff to ensure consistently high standards.
· To ensure that all new members of staff understand the aims and objectives of the unit and receive suitable induction training.
· To maintain high standards by seconding staff to suitable recognised training courses.
· To operate the terms of staff contracts with reference to disciplinary procedures, in the case of minor offences with written and verbal warnings and to keep full written records.
· To participate in staff meetings and in staff training and development activities.
· To maintain an awareness of the routines within the Unit and review them as appropriate.
· To ensure that appropriate dietary and nutritional needs are met.
· To maintain all nursing / care / drug records as required by An Bord Altranais.
· To ensure that all information of a confidential nature gained in the course of work is not divulged to third parties.
FOR FULL DETAILS PLEASE CALL BERNICE ON 01-2788610 OR EMAIL [email protected]