SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT - NETWORKING
Think you are up to the challenge of VCE? Globally we are experiencing growth that has exceeded all expectations. Not surprising when you consider that we are the people driving the future of Cloud Computing. It’s an industry with over $400 billion at stake and no one is in a better position for success than VCE. It’s time to take your career to the next level and join a collaboration of bold thinkers who are developing the world’s most advanced converged infrastructure. It’s time to take your career to the Cloud.
Our company was formed by Cisco, EMC and VMware with investments from Intel. It’s a combination that has led to explosive growth with our best still yet to come.
Solutions Architect - Network
The Solutions Architect – Network will be responsible for operating as a senior resource within the System Delivery Practice overseeing attention to quality and standards all the while looking to build efficiencies into the VBlock Logical Delivery process. Additional technologies and services will be integrated to span the traditional VBlock technology stacks (network, compute, and storage) to incorporate emerging solutions within the VCE portfolio. This position for Sr. Network Engineer requires the ability to work collaboratively with global VCE and parent company organizations to adopt, formulate and communicate best practice VBlock delivery standards. Senior level operational Network skills are a must for this role.
- Network resource ultimately responsible for the timely delivery on VBlock solution commit dates
- Technical leader in the development and refinement of operational best practices as it relates to VBlock system delivery (Logical) and service offering integration.
- Function as a liaison between various VCE Business Development teams and Implementation Services to process VBlock designs into a consumable solution for our Internal, Partner and Customer teams.
- Participate in weekly Operations functional meetings to review and collaborate on new operational procedures and best practices.
- Provide escalation support for System Delivery (Globally) and Implementation teams as required.
- Assist Business Development teams with proper solution positioning and responding to customer inquires as it relates to VBlock operational delivery and best practice recommendations.
- Provide Professional Services VBlock support validation through Engineering approved exception reviews
- Provide mentoring/support/training to Internal, Parents and Partners on VCE System Delivery Best Practices.
- Participate in customer and internal meetings acting in consultative manner around best practices and technical solution implementations
- Development of best practices and documentation to be leveraged by delivery teams and partners in the delivery of solutions
- Expert Level understanding of network routing and switching
- Expert Level familiarity with Cisco hardware and software solutions [UCS and Nexus preferred]
- Cisco CCNP
- Ability to Multi-task, Prioritize Projects and Customer engagements
- Excellent Communications and Presentation skills, customer focused
- In-depth Knowledge of technologies from VMware would be an advantage
If you think you have what it takes to continue the remarkable growth and success of VCE, we invite you to explore a career with a recognized industry leader. We will give you the chance to learn more and accomplish more, faster than you ever thought possible. The Cloud is waiting. What are you waiting for?
At VCE we recognize the importance of reflecting the world's diversity within our workforce and we are committed to supporting equal employment opportunity. Make no mistake; diversity is a way of life at VCE.