A leading East Cork specialist manufacturer and distributor now seek to hire an Accounts Assistant. Reporting to the Finance Manager, the successful candidate will be part of a small team responsible for the accounting and payroll function.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operation and control of the debtors and creditors ledgers, including matching and posting invoices, payments, credit control, reconciliations, etc.
- Control of bank. Receipts, payments and reconciliations.
- Control of VAT and submission of returns.
- Assist Finance Manager in the preparation and analysis of monthly and annual accounts.
- Preparing and posting journals to the nominal ledger.
- Weekly payroll processing for up to 25 employees
- General Ledger reconciliation of debtors and creditors ledgers and other balance sheet accounts.
- Statistical returns.
- Assist on the development of financial and related systems.
- Carry out other related duties as requested / required
- Min 2 years previous relevant experience in a similar role
- Must have an understanding of basic accounting concepts
- A relevant qualification such as Accounting Technician is a distinct advantage
- Must be IT proficient with a particular emphasis on Sage Line 50 and Payroll Software (Thesaurus).
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a team, willing to get stuck in and to help out wherever needed.
- Mature approach/ quick on learn.
- Part-time Permanent
- 20 hour contract
F or a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Karin Luukas on 021 233 9200 / firstname.lastname@example.org Please do not apply for this vacancy unless you meet the minimum pre-requisite requirements as our clients have instructed us that they do not wish to receive applications from candidates that do not meet the minimum requirements.
Logiskills are leading recruitment specialists for the manufacturing, freight & logistics industries. Roles we typically recruit for include; air, sea and road freight forwarding; warehouse; distribution; transport; logistics; supply chain; materials; purchasing; procurement; engineering; manufacturing; production; finance; accountant; customer service; admin; accounts; coordination; clerk; agent; supervisor; manager; management