What you need to know
You will work as an Assistant Procurement Category Manager for our client, a leading FMCG company based in Dublin West.
This is a permanent role.
Your new job
What are we looking for? Education / Key Competencies:
- Research, analyse and support the strategic management and development of the category.
- Lead purchasing engagements as defined by the category manager.
- Identify possible opportunities for improvement across the category and drive such improvements
- Responsible for the implementation and delivery of critical savings and service benefits across the category
- Responsible for the performance and management of key suppliers and ensuring they continue to meet business unit needs.
- Ensure consistent compliance with operational purchasing processes across a number of business units and with multipleuse
Skills & Experience:
- Third level degree in Business Studies or related discipline
- Professional accreditation in procurement desired
- Previous experience in a similar position required with significant experience of the procurement process and knowledge of some specialist spend areas
- Proven track record of leading purchasing activities and competitive tender processes
- Strong information research and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple relationships, internal and external
- Awareness of E-Procurement tools, including eAuctions and on-line catalogues
- Proven negotiation, influencing and project management skills
- Familiarity with Contract Law
- Working knowledge and experience of SAP, or similar, transaction tools
- Experienced in Change Management in multi-site operations, and monitoring and reporting of Supplier performance
Our highly experienced consultants are here to help find the right job for you. Apply now or get in touch with Joanne on 01 4690901
for more information. Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CVs are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.