Corporate Reporting Manager - Kilkenny - Permanent
• Financial control of all head office cost centres and head office legal entities including review of monthly management accounts, balance sheet reconciliations and preparation of monthly reporting packs.
• Key link between Head Office Finance and the Group’s external auditors – plans and manages the year end head office finance audit process.
• Responsible for the preparation of head office forecasts, budgets, outlooks and 3-5 year strategy plan included detailed analytical reporting packs.
• Responsible for the review of the head office monthly, forecast and budget cashflows
• Responsible for key IFRS technical topics including IAS 19 Pension accounting and IFRS 2 Share payments.
• Pro-active approach to identifying on-going reporting process developments to reflect changing and evolving needs.
• On-going liaison with Heads of Corporate Departments and engagement with Group Decision Support, Treasury, Tax, Secretariat, Shared Services/IT to resolve system, process and accounting issues arising.
• Preparation of various disclosure requirements in the Group’s Interim Results and the Group Annual Report
• Managing a team of up to four accountants
• Other ad-hoc finance projects when necessary
• Qualified Financial Accountant with ‘Big 4’ or equivalent training to manager/senior manager level with a minimum of 5 years post qualification relevant accounting/management experience
• Technically competent and good knowledge of IFRS
• Ability to improve all processes to ensure the appropriate level of financial control, availability of adequate financial information and efficiency.
• Strong attention to detail to ensure completeness and accuracy
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in written form with direct reports and senior management
• Self-motivated, proactive, ability to ensure tasks arecompleted to deadlines.
• Hands on experience of using and operating SAP/BCS systems and proficiency with MS Word, advanced Excel, MS Outlook and PowerPoint