My client, a market-leading global organisation is seeking an experienced General Ledger Accountant to join its Galway based finance team on a permanent basis.
This is a start-up environment with excellent career progression opportunities and a highly competitive financial package on offer for the successful candidate.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Supervise and support the Accounts Payable function to ensure that it is operating at maximum capacity and efficiency in line with the company's policies and procedures.
- Supervise and support the Accounts Receivable function to ensure that it is operating at maximum capacity and efficiency in line with the company's policies and procedures.
- Manage the day-to-day transactional finance function.
- Provide relevant information and reports to fellow finance colleagues as appropriate.
- Carry out relevant bank reconciliations.
- Participate in relevant accounting projects as required.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate recording and processing of expenses.
- Carry out relevant ad hoc duties as required.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA).
- Similar experience in a fast-paced, global organisation.
- Manufacturing experience and product experience mandatory.
- ERP experience - SAP experience advantageous.
- Previous team management skills highly advantageous.
- Proven team player.
- Excellent attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral.
- Proven ability to adapt with a positive, solutions-focused approach.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.