IT Technology Architect - Kildare
Our IT Support Function currently wish to recruit an IT Technology Architect for a 2 year Fixed Term contract. This role will report to the Technology & Solutions Manager
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- In-depth knowledge in the provision of HP Blades and storage in a Vmware 5.5 environment. Benchmark, analyse, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Working knowledge of monitoring tools, such as System Reporter, Veeam One and SSMC/IMC. Work escalations with HPE and Vmware Support. Troubleshoot issues/outages and performance problems, and document RCAs. Manage VMWare ESXi\VSphere environment including Veeam\HP StoreOnce backup environment as well as maintain and optimize 3PAR 7400 Storage Array and associated technologies.
- Researching on emerging technologies to support changes in infrastructure, leading a company-wide implementation of new technology, interfacing with existing systems and ensuring that each project is delivered on time and within budget, helping to contribute to the creation of a performance driven culture.
- Monitoring and remediation of issues within the infrastructure components such as HP 3Par system, HP Blade Servers, Vmware Server and Storage Clusters Using Veeam One and HP SIM monitoring tools. Creation of capacity reports, using Powercli, SSMC and System Reporter.
- The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- 8yrs+ Experience in Vmware and 3PAR storage (Remote Copy/Peer Persistence), including setup and maintenance in a Metrocluster environment.
- Virtualisation technologies, enterprise storage and backup technologies, clustering technologies, Microsoft core technologies
- Must Have Qualifications: VMWare VCP 5 or higher, HP 3PAR Certification.
- Educated to Level 7 or higher.
- Team player with ability to work on own initiative
- Valid permit to work in EU
Please send in your CV for the attention of Robert Carroll or contact 021 4520311 for more information.