The primary objective of the Payroll Specialist is to process payroll on a weekly and monthly basis. The role involves processing a high volume of weekly payrolls as well as monthly payrolls. The role will also involve general HR administration duties and an element of training and development.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure full-cycle payroll processing in a timely and accurate manner, on a monthly and weekly basis, in accordance with government legislation and company policy. This includes 4 weekly payrolls and 7 monthly.
• Undertake audits of payroll records and perform adjustments and corrections as necessary to include BIK, Health, salary adjustments etc…
• Address all queries, exceptions and be the main point of contact for all payroll matters
• Ensure that payroll process is efficient and accurate and at all times implement efficiencies
• Ensure that monthly and yearly local tax payments and compliance requirements are met (P30's, P45's, P60's & P35's CSO reports)
• Validate all payrolls at summary and individual employee levels before approval for payment to HR and Finance
• Support audits of payroll processes and audit outcomes
• Co-ordinate payments to benefits providers such as health insurers and administrators of such schemes as pension, VHI & Risk schemes
• Maintain and take ownership for the HR and Time and Attendance system
• Complete payroll reports weekly as required for finance/HR, including GTN and net pay reports.
• Completion of payroll related forms
• Manage and implement the BIK process for Health Insurance & Company Car in line with Revenue guidelines and company guidelines.
• Prepare analysis of payroll and employee costs
• Assist with the administration of the various employee benefit plans
• Ownership of the company expense policy
• Any other duties that may be assigned
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
• 3rd level and/or professional qualification in a payroll-related discipline (e.g. Accounting Technician, IPASS, Institute of Taxation)
• 3 - 5 years' experience working in a similar environment is essential
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office essential. Knowledge of Excel pivot tables and relevant functions (e.g. VLOOKUP) essential
• Strong customer service
• Proactive and capable of working on own initiative
• Comprehension of Irish employment law and payroll related tax matters
• Excellent knowledge of payroll processes and reporting
• UK payroll experience would be an advantage
• Proficient user of the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
• Experience using SAP essential
• Experience in using Micropay is essential
• Experience in MITRE Finch TMS is an advantage
• Strong Communication Skills, experience communicating with all levels of staff and management
• Excellent Attention to detail
• Analytical Skills
• Continuous Improvement - Ability to suggest and implement payroll and process efficiencies
• Team Player
Please forward your CV to Emel in Orange Recruitment