Process Engineer (injection moulding) - Dublin.
In this role you willassist the Engineering/Production department in improving the manufacturing of product and develop the most optimum moulding process and tooling and automation that meets or exceeds customer requirements on both new and existing tooling. This person will provide the company with the technical resources to ensure that current and future projects are run in accordance with customer specifications and in-house specifications and standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the introduction of all new products into the company and compiling standard specifications for each process and monitoring all existing production to standard specifications.
• Responsible for executing projects relating to new products, the continuous improvement program, lean program & line extensions for existing customers & products.
• Responsible for process optimisation of existing processes.
• Ensures process optimisation using statistical techniques.
• Work with the Production Leaders in troubleshooting processing problems.
• Establishe relationships with customers and Equipment/ Raw Material suppliers in pursuit of continuous improvement and on-going business development.
• Attend schedules and facilitate internal meetings to help establish priorities and assign tasks.
• Solve, in conjunction with the Quality department, customer related problems/issues as needed and be responsible for closeout of internal quality and CAPA related actions.
• Instructs other, formally or informally, regarding manufacturing related skills or knowledge and assist in the training of employees on new processes or systems introduced to the company.
• Coo-rdinate the development of documentation in the Production and Technical areas in line with ISO9001 and ISO 13485 requirements, and review the systems with the Group Leaders and the Quality department on a regular basis to ensure conformance to same.
• Communicate on a regular basis (or as appropriate) with external suppliers of materials and equipment and provide regular feedback on any issues to the management team.
• Continuously work on initiatives to reduce the scrap produced as a result of unplanned events, breakdowns and inefficient processes.
• Responsible for execution of tool validation as required to support new product introduction and line extensions.
Requirements for this role:
• Must have a minimum of a National Diploma Level 7 or Level 8 with significant experience in Plastics Engineering (Preferably a Degree in Plastics Engineering) and at least 3-4 years' experience in the injection moulding industry.
• Must have a very good knowledge of Injection mould tooling and design.
• Must have a very good knowledge of Injection Moulding (standard process and Multi-component), Processing, Ancillary equipment, Robots and automation systems.
• Preferably worked in either the Medical, Packaging or technological industries.
• Must have dealt with customers in a previous employment.
• Preferably have some knowledge of real-time monitoring systems.
• Must have an in-depth knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Design of experiments (DOE) and demonstrate use of same.
• Must have good data analysis capabilities & be familiar with statistical software, (ideally Minitab).
• Should have a good knowledge of the principles of WCM, JIT, SMED, and Kaizen.
• Must have knowledge in computer systems; integrated manufacturing systems; word processing and spreadsheets. (Also knowledge of MFG Pro would be a distinct advantage).
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to accurately document work performed.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
• Must demonstrate knowledge of 6 sigma methodology.
• Must be able to travel as required by the position.