Process Safety Engineer - Dublin.
Our client seeks to recruit a Process Safety Engineer, which will be part of the Safety Health and Environmental Department. This is an excellent opportunity for a suitable candidate to join a very dynamic, progressive and forward-thinking company. This opportunity will provide the right candidate with continued long term learning and internal career growth opportunities Excellent benefits, terms and conditions will be offered to the successful candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide leadership and guidance to key stakeholders on process safety related topics
• Regulatory and compliance lead on all process safety related audits, inspections, communications etc.
• Supporting improvement of chemical manufacturing process safety performance, product transfers and new product introductions
• Co-ordination and interpretation of process safety testing results
• Assist in the design and implementation of reliable and cost-effective engineering solutions
• Chair and document process risk assessments including Hazops, FMEAs etc.
• Co-ordination and delivery of process safety related trainings
• Maintain and update the Explosion Protection Documents
• To propose, develop and implement improvements and modifications from a process safety perspective to process areas and equipment in order to improve operations
• Oversee introduction of new products to the sites from a process safety perspective
• To install & apply innovative technology solutions; including general processing and plant operations is essential.
• Ensure local adherence with corporate policies and reporting in accordance with corporate requirements.
• Interested applicants should be highly motivated and able to demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills which should include strong technical writing and presentation skills, as well as interpersonal skills.
• A strong aptitude for problem solving and decision making abilities is essential.
• The successful candidates will preferably be educated to Honours Degree level (or higher) in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or other related discipline; with core discipline in Process Safety.
• At least 3-5 years' experience in manufacturing, pharmaceutical or related industry is preferred.
• Previous experience in a Process Safety role in the above industry sector is preferred.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines while managing various projects. Strong time management skills.
• A good understanding of process safety and process engineering essential.
• Excellent team player and ability to work in a diverse environment.