Reporting to the R&D Analytical Manager theResearch & Development team are responsible for developing new photochromic ophthalmic lens products. The R&D Analytical team carry out the required physical, chemical and optical testing of new photochromic products, coating layers and individual chemical components. The R&D Analytical Manager is responsible for the R&D analytical testing team and the function.
- Provide timely and accurate analytical testing support to R&D product development teams.
- Organize team people and equipment resources to provide a high level of customer service.
- Work with the R&D management team to anticipate short- and long-term testing needs and provide feedback on analytical services metrics and issues.
- Have a methodology to continually evaluate and improve existing test methods; where necessary ensure that new test methods are developed.
- Ensure there are good systems in place for equipment maintenance and calibration to ensure reliable test results and minimise downtime.
- Establish and maintain a strong network with the PPG and Essilor analytical teams, and with external testing facilities as required.
- Co-ordinate the analysis of customer (operations, Rx, wearers) returns or issues, providing a timely response to the customer, and communicate results to the management team.
- At times, it may be necessary to support the analytical team in carrying out testing.
- Facilitate the analytical team in their ability to interpret, document and effectively communicate test results.
- Ensure that the analytical team maintain accurate and timely records of work completed.
Skills, Expereince and Qualifications:
- At least a Batchelor’s qualification in Chemistry, Physics, Material or Analytical Sciences
- At least 10 years’ experience in analytical testing, with at least 5 years in a management role
- Extensive experience in operating and maintaining laboratory equipment and in test method development.
- Extensive experience in laboratory data management systems and quality control systems
- Strong team player
- Good communication skills
- Customer focus
- Willing to travel internationally (up to 15%)
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please email your CV to: email@example.com