Job Title Site Material Call Off Coordinator
Reporting To Site Logistics and Planning Manager
Department Supply Chain
Purpose of the Position
To ensure that the call off of raw materials and packaging are executed and made available at the right time, in the right place and in the right quantity to meet our production plans and schedules.
Specific Skill Requirements Education
- Identify MRP Requirements
- Responsible for executing the MRP Process on a daily, weekly basis to ensure production planning and scheduling requirements are met and having the correct materials in place at the right time and in the right quantities.
- Raw Material Call Off
- Responsible for calling of required raw material and tertiary packaging items based on production plan whilst adhering to centrally defined inventory policy
- Create and Assign Purchase Orders
- Responsible for Creating & Assigning Purchase Orders to all Suppliers on the relevant ERP system.
- Identifying Missing Material (Shortages)
- Responsible for identifying any missing material (shortages) and expediting the same at the least cost to ensure meeting production planning requirements, escalating where necessary.
- Create Plant – to – Plant Transfer Order
- Responsible for creating Plant-to-Plant Transfer Order (if needed) across the business to ensure sharing of inventory and contracts as centrally negotiated.
- Monitor Order Status and Resolve Issues with Supplier
- Responsible for monitoring current order status and resolving issues with Suppliers in order to meet requirements. This includes cancelling, pushing out and pulling in as required.
- Manage Supplier Inventory Methods
- Responsible for analysing inventory and proposing opportunities to further develop VMI, consignment stocking options etc. and working these through with the central procurement category leads and executing with the suppliers based on Total Cost of Ownership decision.
- Execute Continuous Improvement
- Continuously improve standards set by executing 8 Step Practical Problem Solving and other KPS methodologies as appropriate.
- Manage supplier Consignment Stock
- Tracking Vendor Performance Against Contract and Calculating Consumed Consignment for Payment.
- Work with the Logistics Group/Team Lead to check raw material stock and availability and suggest changes to New Stock level and manufacturing schedule accordingly.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by management
- Must have sound 2nd Level academic qualifications (LC/GCSE or equivalent) including key subjects Mathematics and English
- Must have relevant experience of procurement / purchasing related activities in a manufacturing environment
- Proficient written and verbal skills
- Proficient Numerical ability to record, interpret and analyse key process data.
- 3rd Level Qualification in a supply chain discipline is required.
- Must have minimum leaving certificate or equivalent
- Highly proficient in the use of MS Office packages
- Must have a robust work knowledge / experience in working with MRP / ERP based systems
- Understanding and ability to apply in live situations the principles and tools of lean manufacturing
- SAP experience would be an advantage
- Knowledge and understanding of various inventory policy methods would be an advantage and execution / implementation of the same.
- Knowledge and understanding of Lean Methodology in this area would also be desirable considering impacts of planning methods on OEE / Operational Efficiencies
- The ability to identify and actively plan improvements
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to be successful in a changing environment
- Effective communicator.
- Key skills
- Influencing skills
- Ability to work cross functionality
- Able to meet deadlines
- Analytical skills
- Good relationship building