Our client is looking for an experiencedSupply Chain Manager to manage the day to day function and operation of the purchasing and stock control desks in the most efficient and cost effective manner while being fully compliant with all relevant legislation, regulation and in line with company policy and procedures.
To ensure a high level of customer care and service is provided to our customers and manage productivity within the parameters of Health & Safety and Quality.
- Responsibility for managing the purchasing routines, stock ordering processes, stock management and related administration functions
- Develop and manage a strong, focused purchasing / stock management team
- Develop and maintain supplier files detailing contacts, product catalogues, price lists, T&C’s, special pricing arrangements and recording meetings and interactions
- Ensure maximum performance of internal staff.
- Ensure training is up to date in relation to product and procedural knowledge
- Engage in risk management assessments with group H&S
- Responsible for the implementation of company policies and procedures in relation to performance management, H&S, SOP’s and SLA’s
- Co-ordinate with sales and distribution management to implement SOP’s for inbound deliveries, stock management, PSI, communication protocols.
- Implement agreed SLA’s internally with sales and transport staff and with the external sales team
- Regular staff engagement in order to ensure all relevant staff are briefed and up to date with company policies, H&S requirements and SOP’s
- To manage stock control and stock profiling functions, cycle count and location maintenance
- Ensure administration of invoice matching, filing and general admin is kept up to date
- Manage stock targets
- Proactive engagement with suppliers on regular and scheduled basis, manage supplier metrics and performance
- Weekly H&S checks rota
- 5 years’ experience of purchasing and stock management practice at management levelStrong IT skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel)
- Self-motived, good interpersonal and communication skills. Strong time management, organisation and planning ability
- A proven track record of delivering results against KPI’s
- Strong customer focus and a commitment to providing a quality service
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Jennifer Costello on 01 832 6330 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not apply for this vacancy unless you meet the minimum pre-requisite requirements as our clients have instructed us that they do not wish to receive applications from candidates that do not meet the minimum requirements.
To keep in touch with the latest industry news follow us on Twitter or Facebook
Logiskills are leading recruitment specialists for the manufacturing, freight & logistics industries. Roles we typically recruit for include; air, sea and road freight forwarding; warehouse; distribution; transport; logistics; supply chain; materials; purchasing; procurement; engineering; manufacturing; production; finance; accountant; customer service; admin; accounts; coordination; clerk; agent; supervisor; manager; management