An exciting opportunity has arisen in Cork Asset Care for the role of a CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management System) Specialist. This is an 18 month contract which will involve working closely with the Head of Asset Care to ensure the system is fit for purpose for full asset life management e.g. work orders, preventative maintenance routines, critical response and up to date stock information. Key aspects of the role will be the full implementation of CMMS and the provision of detailed reports to support the Asset Care function and its continuous improvement. The successful candidate will act as CMMS (Computerised Management Maintenance System) ‘Master User’ ensuring a planned maintenance program is in place.
- Develop, issue and maintain key performance metrics for the Asset Care department, based on industry best practice.
- Follow a process by which resources and personnel are allocated to the ready backlog of work in the most efficient manner.
- Report equipment performance, planning performance, backlog work, equipment availability, downtime, reliability and maintainability to support the continuous improvement program
- Act as system owner/scheduler for the CMMS System
- Investigate, promote, engage and implement predictive maintenance regime meeting industry best practice
- Develop and document all process flows associated with the CMMS system
- Provide system training and technical support where appropriate to the Asset Care department
- Develop and maintain strong meaningful relationships with counterparts within the company in order to maintain high levels of skill and technical knowledge
- Facilitate advanced work preparation of selected prioritised jobs for efficient execution.
- Coordinate the planning of work with relevant stakeholders both internal and external & parts availability and apply a Permit to Work system where required
- Ensure safe work procedures exist and are available to the team for implementation where applicable
- Ensuring that assets are available when required for inspection & maintenance
- Oversee inventory of parts and supplies, ensuring availability of critical items
- Ensure all data that enters the CMMS is accurate and concise to maximise reporting capabilities
- Coordinate contractor site attendance, access permits, awareness briefings and communicating work being undertaken in conjunction with supervisors and management
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Degree and/or technical certification in a mechanical, electrical or related field is required
- Excellent understanding, working knowledge of a CMMS System e.g. Spidex
- Previous experience within a similar role is reqired as is excellent knowledge of planning maintenance activities within a highly regulated environment.
- Excellent organisational, scheduling and planning skills
- Excellent understanding of implementing a lean maintenance regime
- Competent MS Office user including outlook, excel, word
- Adaptable and flexible with the ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Committed to company values