Senior IT Systems Administrator
We are looking for an experienced Senior IT Systems Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage the IT infrastructure in all the companies' international offices and remote workers. The IT Systems Administrator must have broad knowledge of computer software, hardware, networks and have great communication skills.
- Maintain and administer Dublin office and all other international sites' Information Technology systems:
- Monitor performance of numerous physical and virtual Windows Server 2012/2016 servers
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations
- Provide on-site support to ensure continuity of computer system for all system users
- Maintain and apply software and firmware updates and patches according to policies and procedures
- Install selected software and hardware products.
- Configure user security accounts and new system builds.
- Perform virus prevention, detection and removal.
- Troubleshoot and support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems
- Document and Design:
- Build and manage internal documentation
- Participate in meetings, conferences, conference calls and planning
- Evaluate technologies and make recommendations for improvement
- Assist with companywide infrastructure projects
- Manage international IT vendors and suppliers
- Respond to and resolve various level 2 and 3 requests
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Be "on-call" as assigned by manager.
- Meets physical demands of the position including the ability to lift, push and pull up to 45 pounds; ability to bend, stoop and stretch as required for placement and retrieval of materials or equipment on shelving.
Desired qualifications and experience:
- Degree qualified in relevant discipline
- Minimum Six (6) years' experience within Information Technology
- Microsoft MCSE certification a plus
- In depth knowledge of the following tools & technologies:
- Dell SAN hardware
- LAN, WAN, and iSCSI networks
- Cisco, Dell and Juniper network switch hardware
- Sonicwall and Palo Alto firewalls
- Active Directory
- DNS & DHCP
- Working knowledge of the following Microsoft technologies:
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Office 2010/2013/2016
- Microsoft Exchange 2010 / Office 365
- Microsoft Windows 7/10
- Microsoft Failover Clustering
- Intermediate SQL
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communication and people skills are required
- Creative thinker and strong troubleshooting and research skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work with a remote user base