PLC CONTROLS ENGINEER-12 MONTH CONTRACT
PLC Controls Engineer (12 Month Contract)
Galway, Co Galway
€45,000 - €65,000 DOE pro rata Plus 20 Days’ Holiday + Public Holidays pro rata
Calling all controls engineers! Do you have good working knowledge of PLC software and programming machine controls? Looking to build on your understanding of electrical design, debugging and commissioning of automated machinery? If so, this is a great opportunity to further your skills and gain experience with an established company.
Our client is a leading designer and manufacturer of custom designed automated equipment for the medical devices and pharmaceutical sectors. They also provide contract technical staffing to blue-chip multinational companies operating in these industries in Ireland. They are now looking for a PLC Controls Engineer to join their team on a twelve month contract.
Based at a client’s site, a medical devices manufacturer in Galway City, as a PLC Controls Engineer, you will develop PLC software for new and existing equipment.
Your remit will include programming for machine controls, and digital and analogue IO/PLCs, motion control, HMI and vision applications. Additionally, you will assist validation engineers in writing and executing test protocols.
Your key duties will include:
- Designing, developing and programming PLC machine control systems
- Developing 21CFR part II compliant systems
- Providing software support to equipment design, maintenance and manufacturing groups
- Creating software design specifications and associated documentation for equipment and systems
- Designing control systems, instrumentation, control panel layouts and safety circuits
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Experience in a similar role, such as a Controls Project Engineer or Electrical Controls Engineer
- A strong working knowledge of PLC software and programming machine controls
- An understanding of electrical design, debugging and commissioning of automated machinery
As a PLC Controls Engineer, you must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal. Good leadership skills and plenty of enthusiasm are also key.
To apply for the role of PLC Controls Engineer (Contract), please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd. The services advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: PLC Controls Engineer, Allen Bradley, Contract, Controls Engineer, Electrical Controls Engineer, Controls System Engineer, Engineering, Controls Engineering, Engineer, Systems Engineer.