Responsibilities of the role:
- Assist in developing Design Delivery Schedule along with client, Project Manager, Design team and consultants.
- Develop comprehensive scope-of-work and contract document deliverables list for each related discipline.
- Negotiate scope-of-work, deliverables and price with consulting firms.
- Procure the design from a consultant design partner from initial tender enquiry to appointment.
- Assist Project Manager in incorporating onto a tracking sheet all internal and external design and cost issues.
- Manage distribution and production of project workload within the project team and design consultant team.
- Collaborate on new design issues/changes and research projects with team.
- Review completed design is accurate and precise.
- Manage design document control.
- Project prioritization of design, assignment and management to designers.
- Lead with effective supervision an experienced design team to ensure delivery on schedule.
- Closely track design deliverables to ensure project milestones are met.
- Implement recovery strategy if slippage is detected.
- Participate in departmental strategic planning.
- Assist technically internal and external customers.
- Planning, programming and reporting
- Participate in design meetings and provide continual input to optimize design and minimize futile work.
- Liaising with clients, insurance companies, consultants and architects.