Senior Pharmacist required for a hospital in the Midlands of Ireland (6 month contract) The Senior Pharmacist
will contribute to the provision of a comprehensive pharmaceutical service including:
Other requirements include:
- Working in partnership with the Chief II pharmacist (Clinical) in a manner that promotes safe, rational, and economic management of medications
- Managing day-to-day functionality of the pharmacy clinical service ensuring that a safe and quality service is provided within given resources.
- Acting as a resource of expertise and education on the pharmaceutical aspects and the clinical applications of oncology/haematology drugs.
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of SOPs required fot safe administration of medication
- Liaising with the Pharmaceutical Departments in HSE DML, with other pharmacists in hospital and community, with members of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Advising on the pharmaceutical service needs of patients and professional staff.
- Participating in the teaching and training (including in-service training) of pharmacy and other staff as may be required.
- Participating in clinical trials where required.
- Promoting the safe, effective and economical use of drugs.
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of drug actions and use.
- Maintaining general knowledge of the pharmacy services in the acute care area.
- Maintaining an awareness of corporate responsibility.
- Maintaining knowledge of the procurement function in the hospital pharmacy setting.
- Maintaining knowledge of GMP, QC and QA and develop a quality assurance programme and audit procedure for standards and work procedures.
- Participating in all other areas of the pharmacy, in the provision of services to all service users, as requested.
- Supervision of staff in pharmacy, as assigned
- The post holder agrees to liaise with the Head of Pharmacy and Chief II Pharmacist (Clinical), on matters concerning departmental procedures and on matters concerning safety, security, complaints concerning the service and unusual occurrences or conditions relating to drugs, drug requests, usage and their security in the hospital. The Head of Pharmacy agrees that the post-holder will be subject to performance appraisal to assist in carrying out these duties in an efficient and effective manner.
- Have a working knowledge of HIQA Standards as they apply to the role for example, Standards for Healthcare, National Standards for the Prevention and Control of Healthcare Associated Infections, Hygiene Standards etc and comply with associated HSE protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards.
- Must have a valid work permit and Garda Clearance
For more information, please call Brian on 086 7773856
Pharmacist, Senior Pharmacist, Pharmacy, Hospital, Offaly, Kilkenny