- Play a pivotal role in an established engineering design team.
- The successful candidate will ensure that all design activities are carried out to meet with the Client Brief/ Scope of Appointment, and any subsequent design changes.
- Candidates should be an experienced Piping Designer with a minimum of 5 years’ experience with process plant design within an engineering consultancy/ project engineering environment or pharmaceutical plant.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Site surveying, walkdowns, installation solutions/ problem solving.
- Design of 3D process plant piping systems on a 3D platform.
- Ensure that adequate design reviews are managed and undertaken as required.
- Ensure that design changes are documented, recorded and checked/approved.
- Preparation of PFD’s, P&ID’s, equipment layouts and piping GA’s.
- Preparation of piping specifications, MTO’s, cost estimates and scope of work documents.
- Liaising with contractors on site.
- Providing design support to clients.
- Manage Mechanical section of Design Projects and report to Department Lead and/or Project Manager as required.
- Collaborate closely with other relevant departments/ disciplines as required.
- Generate construction drawings and isometric piping drawings using 3D Software.
- Co-ordinate with the Procurement Department to ensure technical compliance of equipment.
- Perform Model Reviews and generate list of action items for completion arising from the review.
- Nominate and inform Checker(s) and Approver(s) of adequate experience for the complexity of design to be check/ approved.
- Liaise with the Design Safety Advisor (DSA) in the planning and undertaking of design safety reviews.
- Inspect the mechanical build (platform structure and piping) as it progresses.
- Ensure that the construction team are furnished with current drawings and be able to answer all queries during construction stage.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, ideally in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant Technical discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience working within Piping Design.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience and pharmaceutical design office experience essential.
- Expert level AutoCAD, Plant 3D and 2D AutoCAD experience.
- Revit, Smart P&ID’s and Autodesk experience would be advantageous.
- Design coordination experience across multiple disciplines.
- Exceptional management skills with the ability to commit to and work to deadlines.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with individuals of all levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Capable of coordinating with third parties and end users.
- Motivated and enthusiastic with the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Proven experience leading key project meetings with individuals across multiple engineering disciplines.
To Apply:If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
GC North Valley Business Centre, Old Mallow Road, Cork, T23 KC67, Ireland.
+353 21 2066178
Click here to submit your CV Please note, we do not require agency assistance with this role.