Fexco Managed Business Solutions and Outsourcing (MBSO), in partnership with SEAI, is recruiting for an Accounts Payable Administrator. This role is being offered on a 12 month fixed term contract. The role is based in SEAI Head Offices, Wilton Terrace, Dublin 2.SEAI will move to a new office site during the period of this contract. The new office base will be Three Park Place, Hatch Street Upper, Dublin 2.
The Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland was established as Ireland`s national energy authority under the Sustainable Energy Act 2002. SEAI`s mission is to play a leading role in transforming Ireland into a society based on sustainable energy structures, technologies and practices.
Reporting to the Department of Communications, Climate Action & Environment, SEAI is responsible for an annual budget of circa €165m. The Finance and Corporate Services department is responsible for the overall governance of the Authority. Job Function:
- To assist and support SEAI finance department to administer day-to-day financial functions
- Work predominantly with the Accounts Payable Supervisor or his/her nominee assisting in processing payments in excess of €100m per annum
- Work with the wider finance team assisting with Month and Year End reporting and reconciliation, Internal, External and European Audits.
Key knowledge and Skills:
- Invoice Processing – review to ensure compliance with PSWT/RCT/scan/obtain approvals/PO matching
- Assist in the Payment Processing in the preparation of weekly bulk payment runs and manual currency payments (posting of the same and issue remittances)
- Supplier Queries & Reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of tax returns
- Standard reports/query resolution for Programme Managers
- Assistance with both internal and external audits (C&AG, Internal Audit and ERDF audits)
- Assistance with accounts preparation
- Leave cover for other members of the finance team (where transferable skills apply)
- Active participation in Finance & Corporate Services Department supporting other programmes of work as required within their capability
- Ability to exercise confidentiality at all times
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent IT skills and a working knowledge of accounting packages and general accounting procedures
- A capacity to foster a positive working relationship with colleagues and external stakeholders and to work effectively in multi-disciplinary team
- Good communication skills with an ability to work to direction and under supervision
- Organising, prioritising and ability to work under pressure and achieve tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and analytical skills
- Ability to multitask and manage competing demands
- Professional judgement
- Minimum of 2 years working directly within an accounts payable environment
- Previous experience working in Accounts Payable and excellent understanding of the accounts payable function from invoice processing to completion of payment runs.
- IATI qualified or equivalent /Part qualified ACCA or demonstrated experience of working in a similar capacity
- Previous experience working in a public body or a knowledge of public sector accounting
- Previous experience of Integra
Fexco is proud to support and promote a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- People Management
- Analysis & Decision Making
- Delivery of Results
- Interpersonal & Communication Skills
- Specialist Knowledge, Expertise and Self Development
- Drive & Commitment to Public Service Values