Supply Chain Planner - Cork.
This is a critical role within the Planning and Logistics department. This role has accountability for converting the consensus demand forecast into supply plans which result in satisfactory CMO and Distribution Center inventories while minimizing inventory costs, and which incorporate effective contingencies for appropriate risks and initiatives.
This role has responsibility for ensuring that the planning and execution of manufacturing, filling and packaging operations, both internally and at external contract organisations, meet the production requirements while meeting timing and inventory targets. The Supply Chain Planner must ensure that compliant product is available to the market, at a minimum this will encompass assessing regulatory requirements that differ across markets. This role includes all related supply chain activities including planning parameters upkeep and data maintenance, inventory modeling, data analysis etc.
The Supply Chain Planner will be required to support/drive process and system improvement projects in line with business needs.
Key interfaces include:
• Demand planning
• Master Scheduling in internal plants and CMO's
• Commercial Operations
• Enterprise Master Data Management
• Conversion of the demand plan to a production plan to support the Global S&OP process, which is driven by market priority volumes, lead times and inventory targets
• Timely publication of the production plan to internal manufacturing/packaging operations and external CMO's
• Act as Single Point of Contact to Master Schedulers
• Active participation in the Global S&OP process and leadership in discussions on specific products.
• Conduct scenario planning and develop recommendations for contingency plans for potential changes and risks to the supply network.
• Lead weekly product meetings to monitor supply plan adherence to ensure to meet market replenishment needs.
• Ensure that actual inventory is aligned to the target inventory position with effective use of safety stock
• Conduct RCCP and constraint based planning, highlighting risks, developing options and proposing solutions to global stakeholders
• Actively work to resolve Supply and Demand gaps. Identify long term supply constraints such as regulatory constraints which may result in out of stock product and develop contingency plans for same
• Act as Single Point of Contact to support launches for new product, new markets or both
• Ensures planning parameters, assumptions and metrics are accurately maintained in line with business processes and in a timely manner
Interested applicants should have:
• Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management or related business area
• APICS certification (CPIM, CRIM, CSCP) preferred
• Operational Excellence, Lean Process development, Six Sigma tools and techniques are desirable
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint required
• Formal Oracle training is desirable (not essential)
• Minimum 5 years' direct experience in a Supply Planning role
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a pharmaceutical or biotech manufacturing organisation or similar
• Experience in ERP systems required, Oracle experience desirable
• Knowledge and experience of data gathering, data analysis including business process metrics and measures linking to business KPI's.
• Strong analytical, data processing and problem-solving skills
• Proficiency in working effectively in a fast paced, complex, dynamic and global business