TOOLING DESIGNER VACANCY
Our client is one of the world`s leading engineering and scientific technology companies, with expertise in precision measurement and healthcare. The company supplies products and services used in applications as diverse as jet engine and wind turbine manufacture, through to dentistry and brain surgery.
It is also a world leader in the field of additive manufacturing (also referred to as metal 3D printing), where it is the only UK business that designs and makes industrial machines which ‘print` parts from metal powder.
The Group currently has more than 70 offices in 35 countries, witharound 4,300employees worldwide. Around 2,600 people are employed within the UK where the company carries out much of its research, development and its manufacturing. Dublin plant has 200 employees. Job Summary:
As aTooling Designer ,
you will be tasked with designing jigs & fixtures for both new and mature product ranges on our clients site . The scope of the role involves concept design right the way through to validation of the tooling prior to delivering it to the production cell. This exciting position offers you a unique opportunity to work witha talented team of engineers involved in continuous improvement projects and process development. Responsibilities:
- Design requirements capture for the tool
- Generate innovative tool design concepts.
- Coordinate the concept selection with input from the stake holders
- Design the tool in CAD (Siemens NX)
- Manage tool design reviews with stake holders
- Produce detailed component drawings
- Coordinate the manufacture of the tooling
- To inspect, assemble and validate the tooling
- You will be responsible for project managing all tooling activities
Although not essential, it is desirable if applicants have the following:
- You will hold a degree in Mechanical Engineering (2:1 or above).
- You have 2 years’ tool design experience
- You are competent with 3D CAD packages
- You are competent producing detailed component and assembly drawings to technical drawing standards BS8888 or ISO 128
- You are competent with selecting appropriate materials for manufacturing tooling
- You are familiar with geometric tolerancing, tolerance stacks, limits and fits
- You have a good knowledge of manufacturing process and finishing technology
- You will demonstrate excellent written and spoken communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- You will enjoy solving problems and have a can-do attitude
- You are an enthusiastic ‘hands-on’ individual, ideally with a mechanical background
- You should hold a full clean driving licence
- A working knowledge of Siemens NX would be advantageous, though full training would be provided.
- An understating of CE requirements
This role also includes great personal benefits and professional growth opportunities. An example of what is offered to our team members is as follows:
- Competitive salary
- Subsidised healthcare cover
- Life assurance
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Subsidised onsite restaurant
- On site fitness centre
- Annual appraisal review programme
- Annual salary review and discretionary bonus scheme
- Training and development
- Inventors scheme awards
- Long service awards