Our Client, a Business and Technology Services Company, are actively looking for a Cyber Security Engineer
to join their growing team.
As a Cyber Security Operations Centre (CSCO)
Engineer, you would be working to onboard the logs, build the correlations, and engineer the alerting used by the CSOC analysts defending the company. Additionally, you would be working to build content for, run, and further develop the ticketing/Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR) platforms used by the CSOC.
This position is technically not an analyst role, but you will be working very closely with the CSOC analyst team and therefore, an understanding of analytics and threat hunting will underpin the more complex use case deployment activities. Responsibilities
As a Cyber Security Engineer
, you would be responsible for:
- Assisting in data onboarding.
- Ensuring data is CIM compliant.
- Developing CSOC workflows within SOAR tooling.
- Driving remediation efforts during logging outages/issues.
- Integrating external data sources into CSOC process flows.
- Troubleshooting platform/data availability and quality issues.
- Coding automation playbooks used to automate CSOC tasks.
- Building alerts, dashboards, reports, and associated documentation.
- Partnering with senior analysts to assist in hunting use case development.
- Following escalation procedures to interact with Splunk team and data owners.
- Documenting changes and conform to existing processes related to Splunk content/data sources.
- Reviewing/installing/configuring Splunk add-ons, Configure monitoring for data sources feeding into Splunk
- Communicating with technical personnel and other teams in the ISO as well as the larger organization as required.
- Utilizing an understanding of attack signatures, tactics, techniques, and procedures associated with advanced threats, while using domain knowledge to improve Prudential’s defences/detection mechanisms.
- Entry-level (1-2 yrs.) experience.
- Documentation/process experience.
- Effective problem solving & analytical skills.
- Understanding of networking concepts and tools.
- Understanding of IT Security practices/programs.
- Basic exposure to Splunk, Basic exposure to Linux.
- Third Level Qualification (or equivalent) in an IT-related discipline.
- Team player who is passionate about the field/job, proactive, driven, self-learner.
- Direct background or exposure to cybersecurity.
- Solid networking understanding and/or experience.
- Working knowledge of Splunk architecture and SPL.
- Knowledge of Python, SQL, REST / Scripting experience.
- Relevant Industry certifications in Networking or Security related discipline is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated commitment to training, self-study and maintaining proficiency in the technical cybersecurity domain.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the Cyber Security Engineer
role, please contact Emma Cawley. firstname.lastname@example.org 071-91-40258
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie.
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our consultants to discuss all the latest jobs!