Orion Group Sciences are looking for a Financial Accountant for our multinational client based in the Mayo area on an initial 12-month contract with the potential to extend. Job Purpose
The Financial Accountant is accountable to deliver accurate and timely financial information from the point of transaction through to financial close and periodic external reporting (monthly, quarterly, and annually). This individual will support all accounting processes, through effective, efficient and regulatory (SOX) compliant finance processes, and in accordance with US GAAP/ Local GAAP (IFRS). Main Responsibilities of the role
Desired Experience and Background of the successful candidate
- Responsible for delivery of the general accounting processes and activities of the Shared Service organisation including individual, shared service and outsourced activities
- Activities will include
Journal entry Approval
§ Balance Sheet Reconciliation Approval
§ VAT/Vies/Intrastat reporting requirements
§ Facilitate and perform period close activities
§ Perform variance analyses and reconciliations, as required.
§ Monitor and correct more complex data and information errors
§ Address questions from internal and external teams are required,
§ Coach/ support fellow team members (internal and outsourced) to handle more complex issues/ exceptions
- As an individual contributor and team member; develop and deliver process documentation, training content, and super user support for more complex accounting activities, as requested, including but not limited to:
§ VAT accounting
§ Close and consolidations
§ Fixed assets, capital project accounting
§ Inter-Company transactions and allocations
§ SOX compliance, internal controls
- Participate in process improvement reviews across BUF, GS and outsourced teams as a part of ongoing exception management and continuous improvement activities:
Support development of clearly defined, achievable team and individual goals.
§ Capture and review scorecard KPI and measurement outcomes on a daily, weekly, and period basis.
§ Perform root cause analysis for more complex exceptions.
§ Investigate outstanding reconciliations and associated variances.
§ Through continuous improvement activities and root cause analysis continue to address and eliminate data integrity and quality issues over time
- Support data integrity and preparation of financial information to ensure completeness, accuracy, timeliness and accessibility of financial information
- Sustain minimum effective controls in compliance with SOX, WWPS, US GAAP, Local GAAP/IFRS and any other accounting pronouncements and policies required
- Preparation of information for both External & Internal Audits
- Participate in training and professional development activities to continue to develop Finance capabilities and professional expertise
- Properly utilize the company standard chart of accounts, sustaining the agreed data definitions and usage
- Bachelor's Degree in finance and accounting, preferred
- Qualified Accountant - CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- 3-5 years of general accounting experience in a complex global Shared Services environment
- Demonstrated capability to understand accounting outcomes and explain US GAAP accounting treatment, utilizing excellent English language skills
- Demonstrated capability of completing VAT reporting requirements
- SAP or other ERP System experience. Experience in a SAP environment will be a distinct advantage
- Process excellence experience
- Minimum Language Skills: English required & second language desirable
- Excellent analytical and IT skills are essential for this role
- Candidates should be results oriented, have excellent planning and motivational skills and be able to demonstrate same
Our role in supporting diversity
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.