Established in 1917, Nikon Corporation is one of the world’s leading optical companies. With decades of experience as a manufacturer of optical lenses and precision equipment, Nikon developed the world’s first production-worthy step-and-repeat photolithography tool in 1980. Since then, over 60 models of Nikon Semiconductor Lithography systems (steppers and scanners) have printed half of all the integrated circuits ever manufactured. Today, Nikon is the leading global supplier of Semiconductor lithography systems. It is real-world, on-product performance that is vital to chipmakers. The latest Nikon scanner NSR-S635E is the industry’s most advanced scanner for aggressive multiple patterning processes. It ensures world-class device patterning and optimum fab productivity to fully satisfy real-world 5 nm node requirements.
Nikon Precision Europe GmbH is the organisation supporting the latest Nikon Scanners for its European customers. We provide Service to our customers during all the lifecycle of the Scanner. Whether it is during Installation, Wafer Production Ramp-Up or in a Sustaining Production Environment, our team provide Expert Analysis and Solutions to enable optimal usage around the clock of the Capital equipment in the customer factory. The Role
The Field Service Engineer (FSE) is responsible for supporting all aspects of system support for Nikon step and repeat (NSR) semiconductor lithography systems. The FSE will show a strong degree of self-reliance to accomplish all key service requirements to maintain strong customer satisfaction.
Typical support includes successfully performing system installations, standard system set-ups, repair of machine downs and performing comprehensive analysis of system performance. The FSE will demonstrate strong problem solving abilities, and will utilize software tools and analytical methods to achieve these goals.
This FSE position demands flexibility to changing requirements, including changing work patterns, and also including mobility to support company-wide projects as required. Job Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot complex system problems using strong problem solving techniques.
- Ability to quickly understand complex systems, and use this knowledge to practically support equipment performance
- Install NSR systems in customer facilities, executing standard install tests, meeting overall installation schedule and ensuring that system performance meets specification.
- Execute complex system repairs in a quality manner and timely fashion.
- Perform maintenance support to customer to ensure that NSR performance meets required specification.
- Provide support which results in NSR performance improvement that exceeds specifications or complies to a non-specified condition
- Utilize e-diagnostics or software tools for analysis and reporting
- Develop and proliferate best-known-methods (BKMs).
- Degree Level in a related Engineering field such as Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical, Physics or Optics and/or commensurate industry experience.
- Experience in photolithography is advantageous.
Reward and Benefits
- Good problem solving skills
- Strong analytical and data interpretation skills
- Strong software skills.
- Clear and concise technical writing skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and customers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills to be utilized in groups of all sizes
- Must be flexible to travel to support national and world-wide customers as needed
- Desire to continuously improve own technical and professional abilities
- Competitive salary and benefits package including: car allowance, unsocial hours (shift) allowance, annual bonus, contributory pension scheme, life insurance, healthcare insurance (incl. spouse/family), long-term service awards, concessionary Nikon Products.
- Comprehensive training program.
- Opportunities for professional development.
If this sounds like you and if you feel enthusiastic at the idea of contributing to the success of Nikon and its customers, we would like to hear from you.