Antrim & Newtownabbey Borough Council
The Borough of Antrim & Newtownabbey covers 274 sq miles from the shores of Lough Neagh in the west to the shores of Belfast Lough in the east. Its northern boundary with Ballymena leads to the Glens of Antrim and the port of Larne, while to the south it borders Belfast and Lisburn.
• 142,492 people live in the area
• 65,000 vehicles pass through each day on the M2,one of the major transport corridors through the area
• Over Six million people arrive or depart every year through Northern Ireland’s busiest gateway, Belfast International Airport
• Two of Northern Ireland’s most popular and modern retail outlets, The Junction Retail and Leisure Park and Abbey Centre, attract shoppers from far and wide
• Three higher education facilities, the Ulster University, CAFRE Agricultural College at Greenmount Campus in Antrim and the Northern Regional College campus at Whiteabbey cater for nearly 20,000 students
• Two hospitals provide acute and sub-acute services, Antrim Area and Whiteabbey, plus Muckamore Abbey and Holywell hospitals are all within its boundaries.
Antrim & Newtownabbey Borough Council photos & videos
Antrim & Newtownabbey Borough Council updates
Jobs at Antrim & Newtownabbey Borough Council
Find jobs in your area