St. Francis Hospice provides a specialist palliative care service for the people of north Dublin city and county and surrounding counties. We are a voluntary organisation under the care of the Daughters of
Charity of St. Vincent de Paul. Some of the services we provide are:
· Community Palliative Care
· Hospice Day Services
· Inpatient Units
· Bereavement Care
Our team is made up of doctors, nurses, social workers, chaplains, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, complementary therapists, lymphoedema therapists, pharmacists, care assistants, household staff, administration staff, volunteers and contract staff.
· We supported nearly 1,800 patients and their families in 2020.
· We provided specialist palliative care to more than 1,400 people in their homes. Many of those patients attended our Hospice Day Care centres and Outpatient clinics in Raheny and Blanchardstown.
· In addition, 522 patients were admitted to our Inpatient Units in Raheny and Blanchardstown for symptom management and end of life care.
· Our bereavement services helped individuals and families, through support and counselling, both during the person’s illness and afterwards.
Our Commitment to Improve Access:
St Francis Hospice is committed to improving access to our services for people with life-limiting conditions. In the first eight months of 2021:
· 97% of patients referred to our Community Palliative Care service received a visit within 7 days
· 98% of patients referred to our Inpatient service were admitted within 7 days
· We have worked closely with the HSE to increase funding for our day to day services from 66% in 2015 to 87% in 2020.
· In 2020, it cost €17.2M to provide our services. Of this, €14.9M was funded by the HSE.
· There is no charge to patients or families for the care we provide.
· Fundraise €4.5M in 2021 to maintain our high-quality palliative care services for the people of North Dublin and surrounding counties.
· Pay the remaining capital debt for St. Francis Hospice Blanchardstown (€1.8M as of early 2021).
· Plan for the redevelopment of the inpatient unit in St Francis Hospice Raheny to provide 24 single-patient rooms and greater space for patients and families.
With your help, we can do it!
Saint Francis Hospice Dublin photos & videos
Saint Francis Hospice Dublin updates
Jobs at Saint Francis Hospice Dublin
Find jobs in your area