MANFACTURING LEAD - SLIGO
Our client, a pharmaceutical/biotech company based in Sligo, is seeking to recruit a Manufacturing Lead for an initial 12-month contract with a view to permanency. Reporting to the Production Manager, you will be responsibile for Manufacturing activities associated with the production of media, cell and antigen stocks including fermentation activities plus all blending, filling and finishing activities.You will also be responsible for compliance with all global manufacturing standards to consistently produce quality, safe and efficacious products.
- Manage assigned manufacturing activities through Manufacturing Team Leaders and Support Functions.
- Play a leading role in ensuring that Manufacturing procedures and processes are in compliance with Regulations.
- Coordinate and manage manufacturing activities.
- Identify training needs and develop the skill-set within the manufacturing group to support existing and new technologies.
- Ensure that the required initial and continuing training of department personnel is carried out and adapted according to need.
- Ensure that personnel are scientifically qualified to achieve a deep technical expertise of the products, processes and equipment.
- Conduct work activities in compliance with Safety, Health and Welfare at Work legislation and Company policies.
- Set team goals and guide team members in setting realistic and focused objectives for themselves.
- Develop a safety awareness culture within the manufacturing team and ensure risks to employee health and safety are managed.
- Foster a good working relationship with all departments.
- Educated to Degree (Hons) level in a Science discipline. Biopharmaceutical preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Knowledge of the processes and equipment involved in the manufacture of pharmaceuticals or biologicals.
- Ability to manage projects within an agreed time schedule.
- Ability to co-operate and work well with others in the pursuit of team goals.
For further information please contact Antoinette O'Flaherty on 071-9142411 or email your CV to [email protected]
- Expertise in process & technology transfers for vaccine/sterile manufacturing.
- Higher Degree (M.Sc./Ph.D.) in a Science discipline while not essential would be an advantage.
- Understanding of validation activities associated with aseptic process, technology transfer and process validation.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience in a Lean/Sigma environment.