FINANCIAL CONTROLLER-FULL TIME-CO. WATER
Hartley People are currently recruiting for a Financial Controller for a large manufacturing Company in Co. Waterford. This is a full time role. The ideal candidate will come from a engineering background. One must have experience in negotiating Contracts and tenders. Must have commerical management and awareness. The candidate must have 10 years plus experience working in senior maangement and experience in on site and off site cost management.
- Establish / manage the company’s financial outlook by developing and maintaining a robust 5 year finance strategy with a key focus on sales and export growth .
- Continually monitor current performance to provide feedback to management and ensure that the organization remains on track to meet long term and short term financial goals.
- Participate in and lead certain aspects of factory and site operations, system upgrades, Lean and process excellence to strive for efficiency improvements in all areas.
- Lead, manage and develop a Manufacturing Finance Plan ensuring accountability across all departments and sections of the company.
- Responsible for preparation of accurate product/project margin reports for management.
- Be a driving influence in creating initiatives with other functions to achieve world class performance in lean practices and cost management .
- Ability to implement and improve processes and procedures for cashflow, pricing, costs savings and waste reduction
- Assure 100% compliance to all local tax regulations
- Establish and maintain the organisations accounting principles, best practices and procedures
- Prepare financial reports and present findings and recommendations to Managing Director
- Direct the preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, annual budgets, annual audited financial statements and other required reports
- Continuous improvement in management control, namely in the efficiency of resources and their productivity, oriented towards a policy based on cost assessment and control
- Prepare and analyze on-going financial trends in manufacturing operations (absorption factors) including performing in-depth analyses to help understand trends, align business unit strategy appropriately, and drive business transformation.
- Enable better management by providing controlling indicators and reports, working with the company directors in analyzing the performance of each of the workshops and the various sites and maintaining reports on variance analysis, project and performance metrics
- Develop strong cross functional relationships ensuring that managers are provided with the appropriate information to assist cost effective and value adding decision making
- Manage / Review / First approval of all capital expenditure requests.
- Monitor deviations of approved budgets to anticipate savings and efficient investment payback.
- Provide management information on the profitability of products, projects, and or customers
- Approve company expenditures budgets of operational costs and capital investments
- Increase collaboration with customers and suppliers to define product requirement
- Enforce compliance of the company finance rules and policies on the sites
- With a focus on the company strategy, act as a key advisor to the site Managing Directors and General Manager by proposing new methodologies and objectives for the areas under their coordination, as well allocation of resources.
- Ensure the integrity, accuracy and timeliness of all management reports. Prepare monthly analytical accounting reports, product costing reports, budget deviations,
- Maintain a solid management control reporting information system on all aspects of site’s cost metrics
- Responsible for overall annual planning process and quarterly forecasts
- Co-ordinate monthly Outlook process – driving activity and productivity targets
- Manage the Cost accounting/FP&A function and develop direct reports
- Negotiate cost effective contracts with suppliers and approve purchase orders to vendors
University graduate with qualification in the field of Business, Engineering or Finance
Qualified accountant – ACCA/ CIMA/ ACA
10 + years experience in Construction/Manufacturing/Engineering industries
10+ years experience at senior managerial level (Finance area)
Ability to motivate, direct, lead and manage senior managers.
Must be highly organized, have a natural drive for results, be able to work on multiple projects / analysis at the same time that vary widely in scope, size, and type (assigned projects require the individual to formulate hypotheses, develop assumptions, gather data, build models, and analyze data with little guidance, minimum supervision and often in ambiguous situations).
Strong commercial orientation with proven track record of applying sound judgement in financial decision making which has delivered demonstrable business results
Experience in supporting and regular interaction with senior level company executives.
Excellent skills in verbal, written, and presentation communications to all levels and types of management.
Ability to manage team members and drive accountability and results.
Ability to lead people through a process and be able to take charge as appropriate.
Ability to deal effectively with all employees and external business contacts while conveying a positive, service-oriented attitude.
Ability to completely maintain confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgement.
Contact Denise 051-878813 or email [email protected]
Financial Controller, Finance Director, Finance Manager, Company Accountant