OPERATIONS TECHNICAL LEADER / SLIGO
OPERATIONS TECHNICAL LEADER – SLIGO – PERMANENT
· Act as key point of technical contact for Business Unit.
· Communicate the departmental goals, to provide cost effective products as part of the supply chain system.
· Liaise with Supply chain & program management group to ensure effective planning, scheduling and execution of commerical and clinical manufacturing.
· Prepares operations/project plans for key initiatives & activity, schedules and budgets by using project management tools such as Microsoft Project and by working with appropriate staff to understand tasks necessary to complete project.
· Directs operations/project execution by assigning tasks, tracking project schedules, identifying risks, and developing and executing contingency plans.
· Communicates operations/project status by preparing standard status reports, and by participating in departmental and customer project status update meetings.;
· Resolves operations/project issues by working with team members, project customers, and others as appropriate.
· Responsible for driving operations excellences and Key operations targets
· Consults with internal project groups by sharing project management knowledge and assisting or mentoring more junior project leaders in project management processes and techniques.
· Ensure the execution of pharmaceutical processing activities in the building and support locations, to meet clearly stated operating objectives.
· Leadership of commissioning and validation activities to meet clearly defined objectives.
· Responsible for manufacturing compliance with all safety, environmental and quality related SOPs. Drive safety improvements and initiatives across the operation,
· Ensure successfully review, amendment and implementation of changes to SOPs
· Liaise with HR in the management of employee relations issues.
· Interacts with internal and external customers, by meeting regularly, responding to requests and explaining procedures.
· Promote a culture of perfect performance and Enhanced Right first time within their team.
Skills/Experience Requirements :
· Background as a technical leader in either a process engineering, formulations and technical transfers capacity.
Relevant experience of batch processing, automation, commissioning and validation in the pharmaceutical industry.
· Experience of start-ups and/or new product introductions to pharmaceutical facilities. Must be able to lead & project manage these activities.
· Demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to deliver projects on schedule, within budget, and meeting the predefined quality requirements. Previous exposure to supply chain & schedule delivery in a manufacturing environment.
· Detailed Knowledge of cGMP and regulatory requirements relating to the pharmaceutical industry.
· At least 3 years previous experience in a technical or supervisory environment with active participation in proactive improvement programs.
Education Requirements : Degree, Masters or PHD in a Science discipline – Chemistry or Process/ Chemical Engineering.
For further information, please contact:
13 Lower Baggot Street ,
Phone: 01 6610911 Email: [email protected]