Foróige, Ireland’s leading youth organisation, are urging people to research and apply for their new positions before it’s too late.
The charity are seeking recruits for more than 50 new positions, but applications for the vacancies close this Thursday, 22nd September.
The new roles are available in five types of posts:
- Youth Justice Worker
- Youth Justice Worker – Early Intervention (8 – 11 year olds)
- Youth Justice Worker – Harder to Reach Young People
- Youth Justice Worker – Family Support
- Senior Youth Officer
Contracts are full-time and permanent and posts are available in Dublin, Wicklow, Laois, Offaly, Longford, Monaghan, Cavan, Tipperary, Cork and Limerick – though posts in other locations may become available further along the recruitment campaign.
The positions are suitable to individuals who want to develop their professional careers in youth work in roles that are both flexible and rewarding. As well as that, the right candidate should have the following;
- Third level qualification
- Commitment to the purpose of Foróige and to work within the values, policies and procedures of the organisation
- Flexibility in relation to hours of work to meet the needs of the work. Work during unsocial hours will be required
These roles are part of a network of Youth Diversion Projects (YDP); funded by the Department of Justice and by the European Social Fund and Dormant Accounts, in conjunction with An Garda Síochána under the new Youth Justice Strategy 2021 – 2027.
This strategy aims to engage young people in a range of needs-led interventions, such as personal and social development programmes, skills building activities, education, training and employment support and social enterprise initiatives, all based on their unique circumstances.
You can find out more – and apply for these positions –right here on Recruit Ireland.