Apply for a job
Choose a CV
Share your professional experience by selecting your current CV. Please upload a file in either a MS Word or PDF format - maximum size 2MB.
Your application was submitted
Your job application was submitted successfully, the employer will be in touch with you with the next steps
A DevSecOps Leader is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our client based in Dublin. The DevSecOps Leader is responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of the pipelines that support infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines for the Data Analytics team. This includes creating and maintaining CI/CD pipelines, implementing security controls, and administering the tools necessary to support development in the data analytics environment. Please contact Tom Devaney for more information.
* The DevSecOps Leader also works closely with development, operations, and security teams to ensure that security is integrated into the software development life cycle and that security practices are followed throughout the entire development and deployment process.
* To be successful in this role, a DevSecOps Leader should have strong skills in data engineering, automation, and infrastructure management, as well as the ability to work effectively with Data Engineers, Data Scientists, and our managed service provider. In addition, they should have a solid understanding of data security and compliance issues and be able to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
* Own the administration and configuration of the source control and automation platform(s) to best achieve development, security, and architectural principles
* Developing and maintaining automation scripts and tools to streamline data analytics development processes
* Collaborating with Data Engineers and Data Scientists to understand their needs and provide the necessary infrastructure and tools to support their work
* Accountable to create, maintain, and enhance CI/CD pipelines
* Primary Product Owner for the DevSecOps environments and processes
* Ensuring that data analytics infrastructure and processes are secure, compliant, and performant
* Continuously improving data analytics infrastructure and processes through the implementation of best practices and new technologies
* Ensure the security and compliance of the platform, including implementing and maintaining security controls and conducting regular audits and assessments
* Train and mentor junior DevSecOps Engineers on best practices
* Collaborate with developers and our managed service provider to support the deployment and operations of applications on GCP
* Keep up to date with the latest developments and trends in GCP, GitHub, DevSecOps, and cloud computing to provide recommendations for improving the company's use of each capability
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or a related field
* 5+ years of experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery, and infrastructure-as-code tools such as GitHub, Cloud Build, and Terraform
* 3+ years of experience in Data Analytics or Data Engineering
* Strong knowledge of Data Pipelines and Data Storage Systems
* Extensive experience with GCP and a strong understanding of cloud computing technologies and best practices.
* Experience with scripting languages, such as Python or Bash, and Automation Tools, such as Terraform or Ansible.
* Familiarity with DevOps practices and methodologies, including continuous integration, continuous deployment, and infrastructure as code.
* Experience with monitoring and logging tools, such as Google Operations Suite, and the ability to analyze and troubleshoot performance issues.
* Knowledge of security best practices and experience implementing and maintaining security controls on GCP.
* Strong communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively with a technical team and communicate complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
* Demonstrates a high ability to maintain focus amidst changing schedules and requirements
* Ability to adjust priorities quickly in response to unexpected issues or requests
* Comfortable in engaging cross-functionally with other data sets and functions
* Familiarity with Agile Methodologies and ability to work in a fast-paced, iterative development environment.
N.B. It is essential that you hold a valid working visa for Ireland
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)
Established in 1999, CareerWise Recruitment specialises in recruitment of management and technical professionals for the Medical Devices, Pharmaceuticals, Life Sciences, ICT, Engineering, Food and Agri sectors.
We operate out of multiple locations in Ireland and have offices in Cork, Shannon, Galway, Mayo and Dublin.
Jobs at CareerWise Recruitment
Logistics and Warehouse Shift Manager (Eve / Night)
Warehouse Shift Team Lead (Eve / Night)