Apply for a job
Materials Management Scientist
Choose a CV
Share your professional experience by selecting your current CV. Please upload a file in either a MS Word or PDF format - maximum size 2MB.
Your application was submitted
Your job application was submitted successfully, the employer will be in touch with you with the next steps
A Materials Management Scientist is required on a PERMANENT basis by CareerWise Recruitment for our Cork based Biopharmaceutical Client.
The Materials Scientist is an active member of the Materials Management Process Team that provides technical support for biotech manufacturing with an emphasis on the scientific aspects of materials (raw materials, consumables) used in production. This position will interact with Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Procurement, Regulatory departments, other client sites and external suppliers. Knowledge of cell culture, purification and the support systems used in the manufacture of biotech products is required.
* Understand the scientific principles required for manufacturing intermediates and bulk drug substances, especially the impact of material attributes on process chemistry and product protection
* Provide technical support and expertise for the qualification and implementation of new raw materials and consumables
* Work effectively and efficiently in a cross-functional team with Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Operations Planning and Procurement to ensure reliable supply of raw materials and consumables
* Lead technical evaluations of second sources of key raw materials and consumables to firm up supply chain
* Own extractable and leachables risk assessments as needed to support commercial manufacturing
* Anticipate and resolve complex problems. Drive solutions that impact the site
* Prepare, review, approve and provide technical support for preparation of relevant technical documents (both within and external to Technical Services/Manufacturing Science (TS/MS) as required) such as: change controls, deviation investigations, plant trial protocols and summary reports, procedures, and technical reports
* Provide technical support during the evaluation of supplier change notifications (SCN)
* Own (or provide input to) materials components of Annual Product Reviews, Management System Reviews, etc
* Work with manufacturing Process Team counterparts to assess/investigate material issues and implement materials changes
* PhD in Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Analytical Science, Biochemical Engineering, or related discipline
* MSc with relevant experience (>2 years' experience within the biopharmaceutical industry) will also be considered
* Deep technical interest and understanding in the field of materials management science
Please call Aisling O'Hagan-Yil today for further information on 021- 2427410 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)
Established in 1999, CareerWise Recruitment specialises in recruitment of management and technical professionals for the life sciences, ICT, engineering, food and agri sectors.
We operate out of multiple locations in Ireland and have offices in Cork, Shannon, Galway, Mayo and Dublin.
Add to calendar
Add this date to your calendar.
Jobs at CareerWise Recruitment
Construction Supervisor (12M, BioTech, Limerick)
Materials Management Scientist - County Cork
Materials Buyer Planner (12M, Cork / Limerick)