Apply for a job
Senior Automation Engineer (Brazing/Welding)
Choose a CV
Share your professional experience by selecting your current CV. Please upload a file in either a MS Word or PDF format - maximum size 2MB.
Your application was submitted
Your job application was submitted successfully, the employer will be in touch with you with the next steps
A Senior Automation Engineer for Brazing/Welding (Permanent) is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our client based in Galway. The Senior Brazing/Welding Automation Engineer will be responsible for developing, designing, deploying, and supporting Automated systems with a focus on Automation Safety, process control and built-in quality and cost-effective system solutions to drive productivity across our global manufacturing footprint. In addition, the Senior Brazing/Welding Automation Engineer will be responsible for collaborating with peers locally and globally to drive and enforce automation standards. Part of a Global DEVELOPMENT AUTOMATION TEAM** Please contact Tom Devaney for more information.
* Lead and standardize the Automation of Brazing processes and systems, including Machinery and process equipment.
* Pioneer new technologies in tube joining and developing a qualification plan to introduce into production.
* Drive development and deployment of scalable automated systems into global manufacturing plants to meet product and process requirements.
* Work closely with the global Advanced Manufacturing Technology team and support all regions in the deployment phase.
* Identify and implement Automated Brazing systems to improve the automation rate and productivity across all Global Plants by working collaboratively with local plant manufacturing engineering teams.
* Evaluate the current process, equipment and skills and implement automated systems to improve safety, quality and productivity.
* Execute tactical experiments to validate technology and solutions before deploying on the factory floor, from scanning of technologies to deployment.
* Provide technical direction in the installation and commissioning of new equipment and processes.
* Document and maintain system solutions for internal stakeholders and system integrators to easily follow and replicate.
* Serve as a liaison between manufacturing, product engineering and automation engineering and all relevant stakeholders.
* Focus on cost-savings ideas and projects through efficient engineering practices.
* Develop training material and train manufacturing employees as necessary on the use and maintenance of new equipment and processes.
* Monitor deployed systems, participate in problem-solving teams as required and update system solutions and standards to ensure optimal performance.
* Coach, mentor, and develop talent.
* Engineering Degree in Controls, Automation, Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, or similar engineering discipline; Master's Degree is preferred.
* Over 10 years of Automation and Brazing/Welding experience
* Experience with Factory Automation, Industrial Robots and Welding Processes
* Deep knowledge of automation applications with successful development and deployment experience
* Project Management experience, successfully managing time, resources and stakeholders to ensure work is completed efficiently.
* Ensure effective and efficient completion of projects by planning and implementing courses of action with other functions and key stakeholders.
* Willing to travel within Europe and globally, as required.
* Ability to work in a diverse, global organization.
* Good communication skills and the demonstrated ability to build effective relationships with internal organization and external vendors.
* Knowledge of safety procedures and guidelines
N.B. It is essential that you hold a valid working visa for Ireland
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)
Established in 1999, CareerWise Recruitment specialises in recruitment of management and technical professionals for the Medical Devices, Pharmaceuticals, Life Sciences, ICT, Engineering, Food and Agri sectors.
We operate out of multiple locations in Ireland and have offices in Cork, Shannon, Galway, Mayo and Dublin.
Jobs at CareerWise Recruitment