Apply for a job
Senior Automation Manager
Choose a CV
Share your professional experience by selecting your current CV. Please upload a file in either a MS Word or PDF format - maximum size 2MB.
Your application was submitted
Your job application was submitted successfully, the employer will be in touch with you with the next steps
A Senior Automation Manager is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our client based in Galway. The Senior Automation Manager is new role within the Advanced Automation Technology Group and will report to the Global VP of Advanced Manufacturing Technology in North America. You will be responsible to hire and lead a team of advanced Automation Engineers and execute the Corporate Global Automation strategy in collaboration with the Global team to make the company a World-Class Manufacturing operation.
Please contact Tom Devaney for more information.
* Define and drive global automation standardization across all business units Globally in collaboration with the other Technology Centers, mainly in the USA and Bangalore, India to improve safety, quality, and productivity.
* Leverage best in class Automation projects done in Galway, transition to global standards, scale and replicate elsewhere within the manufacturing plants globally with initial focus on EU and US plants.
* Leverage the current Galway Manufacturing Development Center and develop a vision to expand facilities to meet above objectives; Utilize the center to complement technology development and validation done Globally; and execute tactical experiments to validate technology and solutions before deploying on the floor, from scanning of technologies to deployment.
* Lead a team of Automation experts in Galway, Ireland.
* Improve current factory automation processes and identify, develop, and deploy future processes utilizing industry leading, cutting-edge technology necessary to meet company and customer expectations.
* Manage total life cycle of the technology: scan and screen, proof of concept and technology validation, develop and deploy scalable system solutions, and collaborate with industry-leading partners and universities.
* Increase capability, competency, and capacity in automation across all Strategic Business Units globally.
* Communicate and collaborate to achieve goals and increase cultural maturity.
- Integrate closely with product design team to enhance design for manufacturability and design for automation.
- Integrate closely with IT team to ensure Automation Architecture and design is cyber secure and Operational Technology (OT) layer integrates well with the Information Technology (IT) layer of ISA-95 architecture.
- Communicate effectively with teams and within management structure to facilitate workflow and resolve project barriers and issues.
* Vendor management and contract negotiations with focus on Automation Systems Integrators and OEM suppliers in Europe.
* Technical oversight of all automation project phases including design, development, validation, testing, commissioning, and implementation.
* Ensuring compliance with practices, policies, procedures, legal requirements and goals of project sponsors and approved methodologies, develop supporting documentation and monitor budget tracking/ timeliness/ scheduled resources.
* Bachelor's Degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, system engineering, manufacturing engineering, or computer science.
- Master's degree and/or people leadership experience is preferred.
* Minimum work experience: eight years in Manufacturing Engineering and five years in factory automation.
* Deep knowledge and experience in one or more fields of automation including material handling, tracking, and movement (vision guided vehicles, autonomous mobile robots, RFIDs), controls engineering (high and low voltage control, PLC/HMI hardware and software, production monitoring and control, electrical CAD), robotics and collaborative robotics, automation safety and safety standards, machine vision, industrial networks and cybersecurity, software programming, data architecture, analytics, and visualization, and manufacturing operation management (MOM).
* Deep knowledge of automation applications with successful development and deployment experience.
* Deep knowledge of Digital connectivity / IIoT and sensor technology.
* Ensure effective and efficient completion of projects by planning and implementing courses of action with other functions and key stakeholders.
* During the deployment phase of the technology, travel to plants regionally and globally, as required to ensure smooth deployment and transition of the technology.
* Experience directing the activity of others in matrix, internal or external reporting relationships.
* Ability to work independently and remotely with minimum direct supervision.
* Willing to be mobile and travel domestically and globally up to 25%.
COMPREHENSIVE JOB SPEC AVAILABLE ON REQUEST!!!
N.B. It is essential that you hold a valid working visa for Ireland
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)
Established in 1999, CareerWise Recruitment specialises in recruitment of management and technical professionals for the Medical Devices, Pharmaceuticals, Life Sciences, ICT, Engineering, Food and Agri sectors.
We operate out of multiple locations in Ireland and have offices in Cork, Shannon, Galway, Mayo and Dublin.
Jobs at CareerWise Recruitment
Senior Automation Engineer (Brazing/Welding)
Logistics and Warehouse Shift Manager (Eve / Night)