Apply for a job
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Choose a CV
Share your professional experience by selecting your current CV. Please upload a file in either a MS Word or PDF format - maximum size 2MB.
Your application was submitted
Your job application was submitted successfully, the employer will be in touch with you with the next steps
Senior Mechanical Engineer required by CareerWise Recruitment for our multinational aerospace client in Shannon, Co. Clare. Permanent position.
The role will support both the design organisation and repair organisation functions. In the design role you will be responsible for the design and development of new repair and overhaul specifications.
* Using a passport (stage-gate) process in the EASA 145 repair organisation, support Entry-Into-Service (EIS) programs and new product introductions by reverse engineering, troubleshooting production steps and developing tooling, fixtures & specifications.
* Write design verifications, substantiation reports and validation plans, protocols and reports.
* Maintain product and process regulatory compliance and assist in preparing the site for external audits by regulatory agencies e.g. EASA/FAA, IAA, DOA
* Assist with validation techniques and associated regulatory requirements including design verification, design validation and process validation as per EASA, FAA and NAA regulations.
* Write company procedures, protocols and reports. Compile technical files and design dossiers.
* Support the Engineering Manager to ensure design documentation meets the company and regulatory requirements.
* Generate design documentation such as requirements specifications, schematics, DFMEA, verification test procedures and test reports under EASA/FAA & OEM design control practices.
* Bachelor of Engineering BEng (Hons) in Mechanical or Aeronautical engineering discipline.
* Preferred candidate will have the following experience:
- Process Engineering; Manufacturing-Repair optimisation.
- Project Engineering; New Product-repair introduction.
- Plant & Equipment Engineering; Optimising production plant and site equipment.
- Tooling / Fixture design.
* Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in engineering in an operations environment, Aerospace environment would be very advantageous but not essential.
* Industry 4.0 technologies in particular 3D printing
* Knowledge of risk management activities - AS9100 and ISO14001.
* Auditing and validation experience.
* Experience in use of statistical techniques.
* Strong proven problem-solving skills.
* Innovative tool designing skills.
* Excellent planning and coordination skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work within a team environment to achieve agreed project milestones.
* Ability to communicate quality/regulatory concepts effectively.
* Proficiency in use of desktop software applications (e.g. MS office, ECDL).
* High degree of proficiency in use of Autocad inventor, ProCad or ProE or similar CAD software.
Please call James Farrar today for further information on 0872489961 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)
Established in 1999, CareerWise Recruitment specialises in recruitment of management and technical professionals for the life sciences, ICT, engineering, food and agri sectors.
We operate out of multiple locations in Ireland and have offices in Cork, Shannon, Galway, Mayo and Dublin.
Add to calendar
Add this date to your calendar.
Jobs at CareerWise Recruitment
Construction Supervisor (12M, BioTech, Limerick)
Project Manufacturing Engineer