Senior Project Manger, Engineering (18M, Cork)
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER, ENGINEERING required by CareerWise Recruitment for our multinational medical device manufacturer in East Cork. This role is an 18 month Fixed Term Contract with a good chance of permanency for the right candidate OR an hourly-rate / limited company will also be considered.
The SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER, ENGINEERING will be the Subject Matter Expert across a number of Engineering competencies including Lean six sigma, manufacturing and automation. The Project Manager will provide technical leadership in the East Cork facility.
- Management of significant Engineering projects through PMO.
- Provide Technical leadership from an engineering perspective.
- Ownership of the plant metrics from an engineering perspective.
- Technical and operational support to manufacturing operations.
- Ensure quality of process and product as defined in appropriate OS and Material specifications.
- Ownership of the FPY and MRB process.
- Structured problem solving.
- Continuously improve the performance of the process.
- Optimization of current floor space.
- Provide support to Process Development / Advanced Operations on technology development and application within the manufacturing process.
- Engage in the implementation of lean manufacture within manufacturing.
- Train and mentor Operators and Engineers.
- Interface with Materials Science, Design and Quality Assurance departments to provide customer with a quality product in a timely manner.
- Validation, Appraisal and support of suppliers, and raw material
- Support process development and cost reduction activities within the business units.
- Communicate and participate in system and process troubleshooting with support team members and with external agents.
- Providing development and guidance for assigned Co-op /Technician Engineers.
- Provide leadership to other Manufacturing Engineers and or Technicians as required.
- Provision of out-of-hours support to the business as required by management or as mandated by shutdowns and/or equipment failures.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Level 8 Degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline or equivalent technical experience is required.
- Recognised project management certification such as PMP preferred
- Proven Project Management skills through the delivery of business critical projects.
- Has minimum of 4 years' experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong communication and influencing skills with both internal and external agents.
- Capable of providing technical leadership and, influencing and providing technical direction to Engineers, Coop Students, Technicians and Operators as required.
- Capable of working as part of a multi-disciplined team in an aggressive, dynamic and results motivated environment
- Demonstrable strong analytical & problem solving skills, a process improvement orientation, and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
Please call Conor Twomey today for further information on 087-0907204 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)
Established in 1999, CareerWise Recruitment specialises in recruitment of management and technical professionals for the life sciences, ICT, engineering, food and agri sectors.
We operate out of multiple locations in Ireland and have offices in Cork, Shannon, Galway, Mayo and Dublin.
Jobs at CareerWise Recruitment
Senior Research & Development Engineer
Food Safety and Quality Manager
Design Quality Assurance Engineer (Galway)